IGNORED

SIO2PC

walter_J64bit

Well,

You'll need an SIO2PC interface, Sunmark: www.sunmark.com sells a nice compact professional board, I own one and it works great.

Then you'll need some S/W ....

Atari810 is coming along very well, but is still a little buggy, I prefer APE myself and you'll need to get a registered version to make ATR's, you can load them into the Atari for free, but to pull them off of an Atari disk drive into your PC and make ATRs or Mirror your PC drive for access by an Atari you'll need the registered version...

A friend sent me a blank.atr file, but you can create a blank ATR "disk" and then all you do is run on the PC the software of your choosing and attach it to a drive # like D2:

Then boot your Atari like normal and copy files or disk copy to D2: and the files will become part of that ATR and viola! You've now make your very own ATR.... If you want to preserve your disk images or just don't want to be bothered with disks at all anymore, its a great thing to have an SIO2PC hooked up to your Atari 8bit.

Curt