IGNORED

Carl

Walter_J-64

Sure, if you can supply me with about USD$500,000, I would be happy to port all these Lynx games over.

Naturally, any (older) game could be ported to the Jaguar, but the real catch is the time and effort required to port the code, change the graphics, etc. It's really not much easier than just doing a game from scratch, and both methods are a huge investment of time and effort.

That's the main reason we don't see a lot of new Jaguar games surfacing these days...

quote:

Originally posted by Songbird:

To my knowledge, all published Jaguar games have been coded in straight assembly, C, or some combination of the two.

Really? I never knew there was a c compiler for the jag. Then again I havnt spent too much time looking into it, since I cant afford a dev kit anyway, but if there's a c compiler I'll definatly get one when I can.

The cost to code a new Jaguar game is essentially unmeasuable at this point. Five years ago, professional developers would get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to write a professional Jaguar game. Nowadays, it's all done in a person's spare time yet still takes hundreds of hours over the course of months (more likely years). I don't know how to put a price tag on that.

As far as actual hardware and printing costs are concerned, I've invested quite literally tens of thousands of dollars to bring four (soon five!) new Jaguar games to life. The fans have been very supportive, though, and it's definitely all worked out for the better.

I see that there's a lot of new games for Lynx, more than Jaguar's.

But, surfing the Internet, I read about a lot of Jaguar titles that was in developement when Atari left. Who knows if those games was ready or at the early stage of developement?

Luckilly, Thanks to Carl, 5 games reach the light , hoping that more games could be discovered in the future!!

Long life to Jaguar, Long life to Songbird!