IGNORED

VCSVideo(TM) pioneering video

Andrew Davie

Why not have something filmed specifically for it? Creating video is certainly easy enough.

I think something appropriate would be to have Nolan Bushnell or one of the original Atari 2600 programmers/creators say a few words about Atari and the unbelievable longevity of the 2600, such as something about how fans and a new generation of programmers have managed to keep it alive far longer than anyone ever thought possible. 10 seconds is actually quite a lot of time to say something.

That would be truly historic.

It's got my vote :)

My idea would be a clip from the Simpsons.

That Homer in space one.

video and audio of the takeoff

"5 .. 4 .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. make rocket go now" :)

or mabye video of homers auto dialer running away and homer breaking

it's legs off and audio of the Happy Dude recording :D :D :D

But pr0n or Nolan (in that order) would be great too :)

Al Jolsons first spoken words in 'The Jazz Singer' (the first 'talkie).

This seems historically appropriate, perhaps, but probably not geeky enough for some of you. :D :D

So hows about that start up from Smither's home computer where Mr. Burns appears topless and says "Hello, Smithers, you are quite good at turning me on." :D :D :D

Kubrick's 2001

I like this idea too! :-)

As for homemade video, you could have two kids playing the Atari. Something on screen blips and burst causing a racket. Clearly pissed, one of the kids throws his joystick to the floor and goes for the other kids throat. Then over the top of the strangling scene, the Atari logo appears, and overdubbed is, "Have you played Atari today?" or some other catchy nonsense jingle.

It might be funny... well, maybe not. That was just my life growing up. :sad:

Or you could get Sesame Street footage of Grover running back and forth yelling, "Near!..................... Far!" "Near!....................Far!" :lol:

Fatboy Slim video "Right Here, Right Now" - show evolution of man sequence (it may have to be sped up quite a lot... maybe just key frames taken). It's a cool video. Again to represent VCS technology evolving(?)

Today is the 100 anniversary of the man's first powered flight (pretty historically significant). Not sure what song would go best with it. The Star Spangled Banner or America the Beautiful perhaps.

While pictures of the actual flight might not be good there is a recreation scheduled for today and I'm sure there will be lots of full color video of that flight available.

Al Jolsons first spoken words in 'The Jazz Singer' (the first 'talkie).

This seems historically appropriate, perhaps, but probably not geeky enough for some of you. :D :D

I just figured it'd work well in monochrome. Black and white etc.. :D :D

Today is the 100 anniversary of the man's first powered flight (pretty historically significant).  Not sure what song would go best with it. The Star Spangled Banner or America the Beautiful perhaps.

While pictures of the actual flight might not be good there is a recreation scheduled for today and I'm sure there will be lots of full color video of that flight available.

Dang it, you beat me to the idea... The only downside is that the flight at Kitty Hawk is in black & white, not color.

As for the audio, I pictured maybe a recitation of Magee's "High Flight", or the condensed version:

"Oh I Have Slipped

The Surly Bonds of Earth...

Put Out My Hand

And Touched the Face of God"

---

Or, in a totally different vein, I think it would be fun to use a clip from one of the old Intellivision commercials, with George Plimpton talking about how much better Intellivision is than Atari. :-)

There is only one choice: ten seconds of Doom play, with matching sound effects/music :) Following the classic 2600 hoax motif, there's also Duke Nukem Forever, Dragon's Lair... and Turbo ;)

Or you could go the GBA route, since you're a GBA two-timer :D and use a chunk of the Matrix trailer.

Is is just me, or is it strange that a certian person hasn't replied challenging the validity of the term "VCSvideo" to something like "AniView" or something?

It's my understanding that the video could go on much longer than 10 seconds if there were no ROM size limit. I'd expect the reason this particular project is limited to 10 seconds is because 10 cartridges will be made, and the price needs to be kept minimal. Am I wrong thinking this? If this is the case, then VCSVideo is quite an apt name for it, IMO.

Then again, what do I know?! :lol: I just like to sound like I know what I'm talking about.

kthx