IGNORED

Aaarrgghhh

emkay

http://www.jarek.org/

A quote from that site:

"

... which is a remake of the famous H.E.R.O. video game for Atari VCS 2600 & Commodore C64.

H.E.L.D. will be aviable for Windows32, Macintosh and GBA.

"

What the heck...

The written history is always showing that the A8 never existed.

Ask someone about M.U.L.E., Archon, Boulder Dash, International Karate, HERO, ... they are all telling you that those are C64 games...or from the VCS.

Go through 8-Bit History and everyone is writing that it all began with a C64....

Check this site:

http://www.8bitpeoples.com/discography_gfx.php#8BP038

Are you able to find even one track built on A8 HW?

a.s.o.

While I agree that the A8 doesn't get as much exposure as other following machines (even like the Amstrad line of computers in Europe), it also makes me realize that we need more people interested in the A8.

The information is no longer a problem (atariarchives.org) but we need new programmers (and programs) so that the machine can be pushed to its limits and show what it can do.

Also, as much as I love Atari Hysteria, an English version of the web site wouldn't hurt (we know that's where most of the A8 action is right now).

AB.

I think there could've been some sort of resurgence back at the end of the eighties or early nineties but many things weren't done right... I wish Antic or ANALOG had done something to really promote commercial European programs in the first place...

On the subject of games creation, what we would need is a real repository where people could exchange information on ML programming with examples and source code. Some European tools could be translated as well.

Some simple programs have cool ideas but you won't attract many people with ugly 1981-like BASIC games... I'm sure there are still some coders out there who are willing to work on projects (the Polish scene is still a bit active) but we should promote ML games with nice visuals over anything else.

++

RC

++

Actually, it's not always that easy to find the C64 in the published histories and Atari gets more press, check Game Over (the story of Nintendo), Joystick Nation or Hackers and the Atari series in general get far more airtime than the C64, especially Hackers and it's fairly heavy focus at one point on John Harris.

Grabb de re atari + xASM + atari800win and start writing your own stuff... it's really easy on atari machines and even ML... don't start on 2600... this will frustrate you @ beginning...

No comment [looks at 2600 prototype code and scowls... =-]