Photo

Do promotional copies carry any value?

3 replies to this topic

#1 sku_u OFFLINE  

sku_u

Quadrunner

• 13,984 posts

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:21 PM

I have a few NES games that are advance promotional copies. They are not prototypes. I was wondering if these carry any additional value over their standard counterparts?

#2 nesman85 OFFLINE  

nesman85

Chopper Commander

• 187 posts

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:00 PM

advance promotional copies? you mean the carts that were sent out to magazines to review before the game was released? if so, those are prototypes too. if they have eprom boards and eproms then they are worth the same amount as any other nes proto. the ones with final production boards and roms in them would be worth less. do you have any pictures of these?

#3 sku_u OFFLINE  

sku_u

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,984 posts

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:08 PM

advance promotional copies? you mean the carts that were sent out to magazines to review before the game was released? if so, those are prototypes too. if they have eprom boards and eproms then they are worth the same amount as any other nes proto. the ones with final production boards and roms in them would be worth less. do you have any pictures of these?

I doubt they are the ones you speak of. They are just the carts with "Promotional Not For Sale" Stamped on them across the labels. Maybe they were meant as store samples?

I always assumed that they were worthless, because I have tons of music with these stamps on them that are no more valuable than the regular releases.

#4 nesman85 OFFLINE  

nesman85

Chopper Commander

• 187 posts

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:18 PM

ok, i know what you mean now. i've never seen any of those for nes though, only snes. i would think they're worth maybe a little bit more than the regular production version, based on what the snes games with a similar stamp go for (not the ones with actual different labels).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users