IGNORED

Nazgul Demo

emkay

My question is how to run an XEX file in the emus? I use Atari800WinPlus and it doesn't even recognize these XEX files?

What machine type should I be using? I tried both XL and 5200 and neither one can see what these xex files are?

If I try and load them up in the XL they just cause a boot error...

:?

Nevermind I figured it out finally. It actually can be done in two ways. The first most dedious way is to simply select the Autoboot image option and point to the xex file you want to load. that is what I did at first.

Then I actually found the stupid Load Executable option below that and sure enough..it shows the xex files by default. All is good now.

Before I have only done some basic ATR type files and Bins for the 5200 emulation...I hadn't even ran any of these xex before. I never had an Atari 8bit when I was younger. Just the 2600, 7800, and then finally my first IBM compatible, My 286 clone I bought. So I missed the ST and Falcon and XL eras...

Too bad...now that I look at it...

:sad:

My question is how to run an XEX file in the emus? I use Atari800WinPlus and it doesn't even recognize these XEX files?

What machine type should I be using? I tried both XL and 5200 and neither one can see what these xex files are?

If I try and load them up in the XL they just cause a boot error...

:?

XEX are the normal executable files (EXE) from the ATARI. You can simply rename them. But DOS/Windows uses this extenders for its executables too. So a clever GUY renamed them to XEX and Windows don't know this extender.

You can simply drag and drop the files onto the Emulator Window too, when installing the emulator it tries to register XEX extensions for starting with the Emulator itself.... which means that you only have to click on a XEX file and the emulator starts...

Despite other comments, I still like the music in this demo. I also think that it is an advance over most of what exists already.

These developments must be encouraged!

I want more!

hm... what do you mean exactly? The song style, the sounding style, or both together?

What do you think about this Song?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/download.php?id=17760

It's a modified song from Sack that Heaven used in the "Elf" Demo.

Sorry for the late reply. I meant both.

I'm not so keen on the second song, but I do like the implementation. It's just the rhythm section of the second song.

Too many A8 games were beleagured by poorly-ported "musix" from other systems.