IGNORED

Vectrex Pricing

pmitch_3m

I have been wanting to purchase a vectrex for some time, but the pricing on epay seems a tad ridiculous(for my wallet). What is a reasonable price for a working unit with minestorm(i know that worth is a subjective term), but do you think I would be able to find one for say $40?

thanks,

p

It’s not completely out of the question that you might stumble upon one for $40 some day but plan to put some serious time into some serious looking.

I’d say that a loose Vectrex console will generally set you back $65-$90 nowadays. Which ain’t bad considering that when I started my hunt for one in the mid to late 90s they were consistently going for over $100.

do you think I would be able to find one for say $40?

On eBay? No. Expect to spend at least $70. Keep in mind too that a Vectrex is a big, heavy machine, so shipping is going to add a lot to the price.

On the plus side, every Vectrex comes with Mine Storm... it's built into the machine.

--Zero

Hell I got my vectrex with three games 1 controller and the actually system with shipping it all came out to $50.00.  Well maybe the deal isnt that great though considering how I have yet to receive it. :ponder:...please come soon  senior veccy  :sad:

You know, the ONLY time that I was ever screwed on a eBay transaction was on a $50 Vectrex. :sad: I’m hoping that your story will have a better ending to it than mine did. crossfingers.gif

I remember looking through classic gaming mail-order catalogs in the early-to-mid 90's, and I couldn't find a Vectrex for under $125. It seems that they've gone down in resale value, which is great for people like us who really want one. I ordered one from Rob Mitchell (on this forum) before Christmas, but I still haven't gotten it yet. And while waiting for my order to arrive, I find a Vectrex in a thrift store for $5! Talk about weird luck. And the Vectrex isn't all that heavy. I was actually suprised by how light it was the first time I picked one up. It looks a little like a classic Mac, so I was expecting it to be around the same weight. But mine feels almost hollow in comparison.

I ordered one from Rob Mitchell (on this forum) before Christmas, but I still haven't gotten it yet. And while waiting for my order to arrive, I find a Vectrex in a thrift store for $5! Talk about weird luck.

Yes I am a slug /sloth .. Do you still want it or should I send your money back?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

They're very desirable systems and people tend to hold on to them. I got a good deal on a Vectrex last October via the Marketplace forums here, so that's another good place to watch. A final price of less than $75 on ebay seems unlikely. Don't be tempted to skimp on decent shipping, either. They're bulky and somewhat fragile, and a broken Vectrex is no fun at all. :(