IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 Discussion Thread

cschell

Thanks,I'd love it :)

Now to just find a CC2

:sad:

I hear that Cuttle are hard to find because they can change color!

:P

Oh wait, you wanted the the the Atari 7800 cartridge, too bad they are out of stock/production.

I know they're out...maybe one great day they will return.One yummy day.....................

BTW, my CC2 sometimes seems to have trouble reading MMC data; the menu comes up all corrupted and wonky. The card reads fine on the PC, and I'm always careful to unmount it before removal. Any idea what could be going on?

Here is some comments:

a) read the User manual on the CC2 page on Setting up the Multimedia Card. He says to Formatting to FAT16 (and shows you how).

b) Maybe try formatting to FAT16 (if not already)

c) Make sure the menu is good. Check the menu file to see if it is exactly in the right columns and does not drift off. Open in a text editor and size the so it wraps correctly to check it.

Here is some comments:

a) read the User manual on the CC2 page on Setting up the Multimedia Card. He says to Formatting to FAT16 (and shows you how).

c) Make sure the menu is good. Check the menu file to see if it is exactly in the right columns and does not drift off. Open in a text editor and size the so it wraps correctly to check it.

The MMC card is FAT16 (wouldn't work at all otherwise). The menu file reads properly on the PC, but shows up wonky on the cart. Sometimes removing and reinserting the MMC card will fix it. Could there be a poor contact/timing/some combination of those issue?

Here is some comments:

The MMC card is FAT16 (wouldn't work at all otherwise). The menu file reads properly on the PC, but shows up wonky on the cart. Sometimes removing and reinserting the MMC card will fix it. Could there be a poor contact/timing/some combination of those issue?

It sounds like a NES cart :P

Maybe make sure the contacts are clean. Use an eraser on the contacts. Make sure the contacts are security attached to the cc2 board. Make sure the cc2 holds the MMC to the contacts.

Maybe just use a different MMC (if it is something to do with that MMC).

Edited by Mot

• 11 months later...

Now to just find a CC2

Oh wait, you wanted the the the Atari 7800 cartridge, too bad they are out of stock/production.

I know they're out...maybe one great day they will return.One yummy day.....................

Finally got one, right here on good ol Atariage!

Now to just find a CC2

Your belly is full!Alas,not fared well have I.The search for yummy day continues.........................

Edited by Breakpack

Now to just find a CC2

Your belly is full!Alas,not fared well have I.The search for yummy day continues.........................

Much Luck May you have, find the goodness that I have found!

Now to just find a CC2

Hope it's working well. ;)

Hope I won't regret it in a few weeks... :(

• 2 weeks later...

The Cuttle Cart 2 represents the first time I ever bought a peripheral before I bought the hardware.

I read about the 7800 and the 2600 and once I found what Dr. Schell did I ordered one.

It was only later that I went to EBay and got my first 7800.

All my 2600 and 7800 carts sit in the closet. My CC2 sits in the slot on my 7800 :cool:

• 1 month later...
All my 2600 and 7800 carts sit in the closet. My CC2 sits in the slot on my 7800 :cool:

Yep same here. :)

So who here has used the serial port on the Cuttle Cart 2? I am wondering if the serial port can be used for things like modem protocals and what not?

So who here has used the serial port on the Cuttle Cart 2? I am wondering if the serial port can be used for things like modem protocals and what not?

I use the serial mode quite often while testing new hombrews. I don't know if the serial connection is available to the game or not since I've never researched it. Chad did post a tech doc about the CC2 a while ago, the info you want might be in there.

Mitch

• 9 months later...

Hey all! I just got a CC2 but not the CD that comes with it. I am missing some files that are not posted on schells.com such as the CC2 Base Files.zip, so I am missing some banking roms I believe like hsc.rom.

If anyone wants to send me their mmc image that would work too. I did the best I could with what I found but when I load a game it complains about missing the banking file.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can't find where this might have been uploaded before.

These are what I used when developing 7800 code on OS X.

cc2serial is an uploader for bin/a78 files, NOT a memory card manager

sign7800 adds the signature so they run on a normal real 7800

So the first is a way to upload to the serial line on the CC2?

Is there a memory card manager written in OS X code?

Thanks for supporting OS X! :)

• 1 month later...

PLEASE HELP!

Today my CC2 stopped recognizing my MMC. Here's how it went down.

The MMC got pushed on, and the plastic that holds it slipped off the metal pins - like so:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p233/scratchingtheitch/craigslist/CC1.jpg

There doesn't appear to be anything involved here except for plastic with holes for the metal, so I slid it back on, and it looks like this:

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p233/scratchingtheitch/craigslist/?action=view&current=CC2.jpg

The cart boots up fine, but it says it can't find the MMC and asks me to insert one.

Has this happened to anyone else? What am I doing wrong? How can I make it work again?

Edited by quebedox

Yeah, if you're not careful that plastic part can slide off of there.

It's a little hard to tell from your pics because they're are a little blurry but it's possible that the second pin from the left may be slight bent out of place. Also verify that you didn't damage any of the chips when the plastic part slipped off originally.

Mitch

It's a little hard to tell from your pics because they're are a little blurry but it's possible that the second pin from the left may be slight bent out of place. Also verify that you didn't damage any of the chips when the plastic part slipped off originally.

Mitch

How do I know if I've damaged a chip? Like I said, at least it boots.

Mitch

How do I know if I've damaged a chip? Like I said, at least it boots.

Look at the chips directly below where the MMC slot slide on, do any of the chips there look damaged?

Mitch

Look at the chips directly below where the MMC slot slide on, do any of the chips there look damaged?

Mitch

No damage that I can spot. Those are some tiny chips, but I see no scratches, bends, broken connections, etc.

I checked the MMC itself by just putting it in my laptop, and it appears to be readable and have all the data.

I also attempted to simply line up the MMC with the metal connectors manually, without using the plastic clip, so that I could see that contact was being properly made. No luck.

Is there something I can test with a multimeter or something? Look for broken connections? Is there anyone who can help me / take a look? Obviously, this is a prized posession.

Mitch

No damage that I can spot. Those are some tiny chips, but I see no scratches, bends, broken connections, etc.

I checked the MMC itself by just putting it in my laptop, and it appears to be readable and have all the data.

I also attempted to simply line up the MMC with the metal connectors manually, without using the plastic clip, so that I could see that contact was being properly made. No luck.

Is there something I can test with a multimeter or something? Look for broken connections? Is there anyone who can help me / take a look? Obviously, this is a prized posession.

Copy the relevant data off of the MMC, and reformat it. The CC2 is very picky wiht the MMC cards it reads, and the slightest error will make it unreadable. Make sure you format it for FAT (16).