IGNORED

How many protos do you own?

Albert

- 2 x Sorcerers Apprentice (Atari Germany): No. 5/49 & No. 7/49  

Günther

LOL I own 25/49. :D

And on eBay is now 16/49, so let me win it, and I have too 2. :D

It's funny, with the exception of a couple of people, almost everyone in this thread owns at least one of my protos now.

Yeah, thanks for this great trade. :D :love:

Sorry, but I have no scanner at the moment. Pic is here:

http://www.intellivision-forever.de/pigs-proto.htm

I can try to make a better picture of the Data Age cart if you want.

No that's ok, that picture will work just fine.

Battlezone is the final version. Pigs in Space may be the final, I'm not sure. If it's not, then it's close to the final. Can't tell about the others.

Tempest

Here's what I have in the "Institute Museum" ::

7800 ProSystem

PitFighter (official prototype eprom)

Interesting. To my knowledge the only cartridge of this was the one that we made for Phillyclassic 3. Did you find an actual proto somewhere? If so, does it differ from the bin that we released with the 7800 encryption?

Thanks,

John

It's funny, with the exception of a couple of people, almost everyone in this thread owns at least one of my protos now.

I don't own any of your protos yet. When are you going to sell one to me?

:P :D

Not that I could afford one anyway.. :ponder:

7800 ProSystem

Interesting. To my knowledge the only cartridge of this was the one that we made for Phillyclassic 3. Did you find an actual proto somewhere? If so, does it differ from the bin that we released with the 7800 encryption?

Thanks,

John

Hmm, I have a cart of Pitfighter too. :)

But it's a repro I made myself. :D

One of the easier 7800 games to repro actually. 8)

Mitch

7800 ProSystem

I recall seeing one on eBay some time ago. Was this it, or another one someone had put together?

Is the 7800 PITFIGHTER cart more complete than the virtually unplayable version on the net? That A78 file seems like one VERY early game - poor collision detection, disappearing sprites, no sound, no title screen, rudimentary graphics etc.

Not that I'm aware of. I think it got canned pretty early. In fact I believe the files were found on a hard drive and there was no "real prototype".

Tempest

Is the 7800 PITFIGHTER cart more complete than the virtually unplayable version on the net? That A78 file seems like one VERY early game - poor collision detection, disappearing sprites, no sound, no title screen, rudimentary graphics etc.

Not that I'm aware of. I think it got canned pretty early. In fact I believe the files were found on a hard drive and there was no "real prototype".

Tempest

That's what I have heard as well.

Mitch

My PitFighter cartridge isnt a cartridge at all. It's just an eprom chip wrapped in bubblewrap and antistatic. It's on loan right now but when I get it back I'll get more info. I can tell you that the data on the chip is no different that anything else that's already been released.

Justin

Tempest

Mitch

I think he is thinking of Electrocop. I have spoken with people who saw this thing playing first-hand at CES in 1990 (i think it was '90 anyway) and I've come close to confirming that one of the major Atari vendors had a few of these prototypes and sold them off to random customers for 19.99 back in the early 90's.

Pitfighter was never complete. There were problems with the sprites (which were larger than your typical "mario style" characters, much bigger more along the lines of "Bonk.") There was no collision detection. You cant die and you cant win and you cant keep score.

Justin

OK YOU 7800 PROTOTYPE OWNERS ... SPILL THE BEANS!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

:P

You're all holding back on unreleased 7800 titles that you know about, have seen, have rom files, prototype cartridges etc ... and aren't telling!

We 7800 fans have waited long enough! Spill the beans!!!!!! :twisted:

I know one of you has GAUNTLET, MISSING IN ACTION, ELECTROCOP, FRACTALUS, PLUTOS, SIRIUS, WHITE WATER MADNESS, PYROMANIA and all the others that were in the works!

Now SPILL IT!!!!! Give info, screen captures etc! 2600, 5200, Jaguar and Lynx fans have had info on unreleased games forever. 7800 fans HAVE NOT!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Tempest

Mitch

I think he is thinking of Electrocop. I have spoken with people who saw this thing playing first-hand at CES in 1990 (i think it was '90 anyway) and I've come close to confirming that one of the major Atari vendors had a few of these prototypes and sold them off to random customers for 19.99 back in the early 90's.

Pitfighter was never complete. There were problems with the sprites (which were larger than your typical "mario style" characters, much bigger more along the lines of "Bonk.") There was no collision detection. You cant die and you cant win and you cant keep score.

Justin

You must have an earlier version then. The one I have has partial collision detection. You can knock out all of the bad guys.

Mitch

If that's the case, it breaks my heart! Not only because they got rid of some history, but because the customers that got the games are sitting on them without so much as giving the rest of us a description of the game or a screen capture.

Some prototype owners share stuff. Some prototype owners sit on them like a doberman over a steak and don't.

I suppose that's possible, but I find it hard to believe that Atari let these things out of their sight and sold off for sucha low price. More than likely a programmer or other Atari employee stole them and sold them off (not that I've ever gotten a prototype that way... :ponder: ).

I've asked around for many years now and no one I know has any unreleased 7800 games. There isn't a massive conspiracy to horde prototypes (and if there is I haven't heard of it).

The only unreleased 7800 games that still haven't been made public are Missing in Action, Sirius, Plutos, and the Sky Fox Demo. All of those are owned by one of the CGE guys (John Hardie or Sean Kelly I believe). They were supposed to have sold them at one of the CGE shows but I guess that fell through.

Tempest