IGNORED

fish intro - beware oldschool meets g2f...

Heaven/TQA

hi guys... do not know why i am so productive this weeks but i converted another pic from c64 found on the net... the picture itself could be improved far more (but i havent...) as the only additional color is yellow...anyway... i improved little bit the scroller and made it overscan... (just for my c64 friends here... ;) you know who you are... )

it now looks very oldschool like with the rasters and the fading small heaven logo but anyway... 8)

credits:

code 90% g2f 3.6 (tebe...what a nice package!!! well done...)

5% raster/c.p.u.

5% heaven

grafix found in a c64 archive on the net... it's done around 1995 and was a party entry... but i have forgotten which one... shame on me...

music is converted by sack (thanks mate!!!) from another cosine member - 4mat! i guess it was used in small intros of cosine...

unfortunatly i can not test the intro on real hardware and the music sounds different in RMT and in atari800win4.0 beta2...

if you are interested in the xasm source...just drop a line...

ps... it's not released under taquart label as its far under TQA standards and i ripped gfx and used "non TQA" musix... ;) sorry dracon & xray... but i use RMT instead of MPT & TMC...(ok...i have no player xasm source... to be honest...)

post-528-1074817995_thumb.jpg

fish.zip

Okay, I've tested it on real PAL hardware this afternoon.

There's still some kind of colorbug in the scrollbar area, and there seems to be an asynchronity in the music. Percussion is a little retarded (esp. at the start of the song).

-----

mux

Yeah - i noticed that on the emulator too. I'm using waveform mixing to get the 16-bit bassline and drums onto one channel (sounds better than using standard 8-bit bass and having a channel for drums). it sounds fine in the editor and the .sap file, but it sounds a lot more obvious on the emulator (and presumably the real thing too) to the point of making the bass notes sound late. it also sounds tuned down for some reason.

I'll have a play with the tune and the RMT playback code to see what it is, but I think this is my bad :)

i have tested it on real machine as well and noticed the little gfx glitches...

regarding the soundtrack... well on my 130xe it sounds like in atari800win...and i never felt that there is something out of tune or "late" in playing... RMT plays it little bit different but not too much... so i let it be like sack has done it... :)

i like the tune anyway.... and i heard it while coding for 256 times... at least...;)

I'll have a play with the tune and the RMT playback code to see what it is, but I think this is my bad :)

I don't think so.

RMT ... good as it is... "My Kingdom for a Horse" (Shakespeare isn't it )

RMT has the most features to build music with POKEY but there are many features still not available. For example:

-16Bit Bass-Sounds mixed with 8Bit in one instrument. The in RMT used generator "6" for Bass isn't primary built for Bass sounds. The "harmonic(*)" is to loud compared to the tone you wanted to use.

-special vibrato and arpeggio for

--Generator "6" (a slower one)... and you can play AXEL F. due the POKEY

--Bass-Sound enhancing (using generator A at 16Bit)

-when using 16Bit the filtering abilities may fully be disabled to save CPU time.

-Because RMT uses the "old" emulation, you always have to test how the Instrument is sounding in the A400Win 4 Emu for a more reliable sounding.

* I don't know the right word... You want a C0 and you get a E2 with a resulting C0 ... In German it is called "Oberton".

* I don't know the right word... You want a C0 and you get a E2 with a resulting C0 ... In German it is called "Oberton".

"Harmonic" or "overtone" is the right word I think (In dutch it's "Boventoon").

Hey, if the NES can do it(and I HAVE seen parallax done), why not Atari?  

(the preceding is not to be taken TOO seriously)

We CAN take this seriously. On NES it's extremely simple to have parallax. On NES Super-turrican it's simply done by changing fontpages, we should call it font-page-flipping. On Atari we can combine this with rapid changes in areas of the screenmemory, which is a problem on NES as it can only write to screenmemory during Vblank. On A8bit a more complex parallax should be possible (just like Flimbo's Quest on C64).

-----

mux