IGNORED

woodgrain attachment with 8 slots

AtariChick

hey guys, not very explainable. i bought this for $5 yesterday. its an attachment for a 2600 or 7800 (what i own) and it has slots for 6 games the two others are for holding, which connects with one cartridge thingy that you can push a button and play any of the 6 games. its way cool. does anyone else have one? the guy says its a "rarity" but it also needs to be cleaned to be used, help? it has narrow deep slots...any help would be greatly appreciated! -atarichick

Clean the contacts of the plug-in module (the thingy that looks like a cartrige on a cable) really well with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. After that, plug it into your VCS's cartridge slot and follow the directions printed on the front label of your Video Game Brain to the letter.

If the label is missing on your unit, here's what it says...

IMPORTANT

WHEN SELECTING NEXT GAME, BE SURE TO FOLLOW PROCEDURE AS BELOW:

1. Turn off your video game console.

2. Press one of the selector switches to your desired game.

3. Turn on your video game console.

I hope that helps.

Ben

A good way to clean the slots -- or any Atari 2600 console cartridge slot, for that matter -- is to find yourself a nice, clean rigid piece of cardboard the same thickness as an Atari 2600 circuit card. You'll need to cut your cardboard piece to the same width as the cartridge connector as well.

I found a bunch of old slide projector carousels in a thrift store once, and I bought them all for a couple of bucks. Each was loaded up with some stranger's long forgotten old slides. The pics are frightfully dull, but the cardboard which houses each slide is just the right thickness, absorptiveness and rigidity for cleaning Atari cartridge slots. If you can find some old slides, they're just perfect!

Whatever you find that fits, dip your cardboard into a shallow dish of rubbing alcohol. Then work it in and out of the cartridge slot a few times to de-gunkify it. I would use a new card for each slot you need to clean.

Be sure to give the alcohol a few minutes to dry completely before you test it out with a live cartridge.

Good luck!

Ben

You're right skatepunk. The last unidentified cartridge is Boing! But CincYnoTi did get it first.

What do you get?? Okay. A keen eye for rare games should not go unrewarded. So, here's a high resolution pic of the rarely seen backside of the Xonox style case variation of Boing! for you to enjoy!

Boing_Back.jpg

Note: Unlike other Xonox single-enders, the Xonox name and copyright notice does NOT appear molded into flat section near the top of the plastic cartridge case for Boing! Pretty interesting, huh?

Ben