IGNORED

Promo CX2600A

Sean

I picked up a Atari 2600 at the flea market. I know what a surprise. It's a 4 switch with yellow lettering on the switches and yellow piping, not orange around the control panel. The box itself seems the same as my other 4 switches but branded into the plastic on the bottom it says "Not for Resale, For promotional Purposes Only". The serial No. is 271591. The label says made by Atari Corp,

Sunnyvale, CA. No mention of foreign manufacture. Other Atari's I have are made by TRW in Taiwan,etc. Anyone know what I have? It does play but it's a bit strange. Almost like it wants to be in two player mode. And some of the scoring graphics are a bit off. Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated.xxx

Take a nice picture and send it to us! I'll add it to the console gallery and maybe others will provide more information. I know the first run of 2600's were made in Sunnyvale, but all the 4-switch units I've bothered to look at were made in Taiwan. Bottom line, I don't know if you have something terribly rare/unusual or not, but I do want to include it in the console gallery. Even if you can send a picture, any other unusual details would be helpful.

[ 05-03-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]