IGNORED

NWCGE 2K4 may 8-9th

Rick Weis

Hello Everyone!

we have a set date now for NWCGE 2K4 -- may 8-9th seattle WA.

hope to see some of you there! more details soon!

Northwest Classic Gaming Enthusiasts is pleased to announce their annual show, NWCGE 2K4, will be held Saturday, May 8, 2004 in Seattle, Washington. Come see the beginnings of the video game industry and how it has evolved from the early days of Pong and Atari to today's present system offerings from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Play, compete for prizes, and meet gaming fanatics just like YOU. In addition, you'll be able to buy, sell, and trade videogames of all different systems. Mark your calendar!

NorthWest Annual Atari 2600 Championship Sunday, May 9th, 2004 10-5 p.m. Compete for fantastic prizes and see if you've got what it takes to be declared the world champion! More than a Hi-Score contest, the NW Atari 2600 Championship has become an annual tradition among local gaming enthusiasts, covering all skills from joysticks to paddles, hi-score contests to direct head-to-head Combat, all through several rounds of play. Qualification - Elimination - FINALS! At the end of the day, there can only be one winner. Do YOU have what it takes? All ages are welcome to compete. If YOU can hold a joystick, YOU can win!

Holiday Inn

SEATTLE-SEATAC INTL AIRPORT

17338 International Blvd.

SEATTLE, WA 98188

for more details (soon) check out our website at:

http://NWCGE.org

Thats great news!! I want to strongly recommend this event to everyone in the Pacific Northwest. I have made the trip from Vancouver for the past few years and it is well worth it. Rick, Lee, and the others who organize this event do a great job in putting on a really fun event. There is something for everyone so be sure to spread the word and I look forward to another great event!

How about AA making the trip up this year? I'll even offer to bring some genuine Canadian back bacon and maple syrup as an added bonus - anyone? anyone?

Considering it, it's going to be a busy spring! PhillyClassic 5 is coming up in a month, and then Midwest Gaming Classic is two weeks before NWCGE2K4. That's a lot of traveling in a short amount of time, and we're also making preparations for AGE2. :)

I've never been to Seattle before (closest I've been is to Portland), so that would be fun.

..Al

How about AA making the trip up this year? I'll even offer to bring some genuine Canadian back bacon and maple syrup as an added bonus - anyone? anyone?

Considering it, it's going to be a busy spring! PhillyClassic 5 is coming up in a month, and then Midwest Gaming Classic is two weeks before NWCGE2K4. That's a lot of traveling in a short amount of time, and we're also making preparations for AGE2. :)

I've never been to Seattle before (closest I've been is to Portland), so that would be fun.

..Al

What no AA at VGS:( (just kidding AL,I know youguys prob won't be able to come )

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still wondering whether or not they should attend NWCGE 2K4 in May, here's another reason:

x3v.jpg

cbb.jpg

These and several other games will be released at the show!

Sincerely,

Jarett Waite

Owner

Packrat Video Games

www.packratvg.com

P.S. These are only prototypes, so the final versions may differ slightly. Also, X3V0LuX will have an end label :) .

• 1 month later...
Looks like I missed my chance to pre-register' date=' but don't worry Rick. I still intend to come.

Is anyone interested in sharing a ride from Vancouver, BC? I don't have a car, but I can buy you a tank of gas.

Zach[/quote']

Zach,

e-mail Ryan maybe he can help you..

ryang@trideja.com (Ryan Goolevitch)

see ya there!!

Rick

We have a tremendous amount of prizes to give out this year for all the gaming contests, random prizes and a drawing for a PlayStation 2 and games. Thanks to many of the folks who have supported the NWCGE event this year. Most notably, GoodDeal Games, CGE, Curt Vendel, Digital Press, PackRat, folks at Microsoft, Cyberroach and many, many local folks folks and yes, even Jerry Jessop. We look forward to this being the biggest NWCGE event yet.

My compliments to the NWCGE crew for hosting another great event, this year at the Holiday Inn in Seattle. The event was bigger and better, with the highlight being a presentation by 2600 designer and programmer Joe Decuir! Once again job well done guys and I look forward to next year!

Just wanted to say I had a good time. It was nice to meet Rick Weis, Lee Krueger, and Jarret (aka PackratVG). I picked up a bunch of not-so-rare carts along with Skeleton+ and NWCGE Invaders.

Sorry I missed you, angusjake, (and sorry I didn't meet the lady in your avatar.) :D

Thanks guys (zach, angusjake,NE146) for showing up, it was a lot of fun! and thanks to all who supported NWCGE!

we had 100 people show up on saturday and about 50 on sunday (mothers day)

looking forward to next years event! and getting some sleep tonight! :)

Take care,

Rick

We have a tremendous amount of prizes to give out this year for all the gaming contests, random prizes and a drawing for a PlayStation 2 and games. Thanks to many of the folks who have supported the NWCGE event this year.  Most notably, GoodDeal Games, CGE, Curt Vendel, Digital Press, PackRat, folks at Microsoft, Cyberroach and many, many local folks folks and yes, even Jerry Jessop. We look forward to this being the biggest NWCGE event yet.

Huh....."and yes, even Jerry Jessop"

Is there a hidden messege here Lee? Why would I not contribute or support NWCGE?

JJ

We have a tremendous amount of prizes to give out this year for all the gaming contests, random prizes and a drawing for a PlayStation 2 and games. Thanks to many of the folks who have supported the NWCGE event this year.  Most notably, GoodDeal Games, CGE, Curt Vendel, Digital Press, PackRat, folks at Microsoft, Cyberroach and many, many local folks folks and yes, even Jerry Jessop. We look forward to this being the biggest NWCGE event yet.

Is there a hidden messege here Lee? Why would I not contribute or support NWCGE?

JJ

Too close to E3?

JJ

Me bad... My poor english and poor choice of words. No hidden message or agenda here Jerry. Sorry it came out like that :) I've had nothing but very positive experiences with you and I WANT your Computer Space unit ;) It is guys like you that make these things possible and fun.

We hope to see you next year.

Regards,

-Lee

Thank goodness, I thought I pissed somebody else off for a second :)

If my Computer Space and Pong make it back from E3 we can talk, just kidding. I know they made it there cause I saw them on TV today.

Sure wish I could have made NWCGE and keep up the good work for the classic community.

Jerry

Thank goodness, I thought I pissed somebody else off for a second  

OK... just hand over your Computer Space and I'll forget about the whole incident :D

If my Computer Space and Pong make it back from E3 we can talk.....

I'm all ears :music:

Thanks for your support Jerry. Next years NWCGE will be in March. Mark your calander now.

Regards,

-Lee