Photo

Saboteur Update

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,124 posts

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2004 9:01 PM

I've reviewed a new version of Saboteur. This version is very early and has many differences from the final. Be sure to check out the 'Tiny Thief'. :)

http://www.atariprot...oteur/52083.htm

Tempest

#2 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 34,881 posts
  • I am the one who knocks!

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2004 9:09 PM

Nice job. :) :thumbsup:

#3 Csonicgo OFFLINE  

Csonicgo

River Patroller

• 2,794 posts
  • OPL Goddess

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2004 10:34 PM

I just wish we could see the roms of these.... :yawn: it just doesn't seem too exciting without being able to experience what you see.[/i]

#4 bjk7382 OFFLINE  

bjk7382

River Patroller

• 4,580 posts

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2004 10:37 PM

I just wish we could see the roms of these.... :yawn:  it just doesn't seem too exciting without being able to experience what you see.[/i]

I would say it wil most likely get dumped before long.

Doesn't it take a development system to extract a rom from an assembled board?

#5 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 34,881 posts

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2004 10:40 PM

I just wish we could see the roms of these.... :yawn:  it just doesn't seem too exciting without being able to experience what you see.[/i]

I would say it wil most likely get dumped before long.

Doesn't it take a development system to extract a rom from an assembled board?

Not in this case, you can just take the EPROM's out of the sockets and dump them with your EPROM programmer. ;)

I am willing to bet $$$ that he already dumped it anyway. Otherwise he would not have been able to take those emulator screenshots. :P

#6 bjk7382 OFFLINE  

bjk7382

River Patroller

• 4,580 posts

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2004 10:44 PM

I see, he's just holding out on us :D :P

#7 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 34,881 posts

Posted Mon Feb 9, 2004 10:46 PM

I see, he's just holding out on us :D  :P

Can't say I blame him one bit for that.

#8 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 27,124 posts

Posted Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:29 AM

I see, he's just holding out on us

Well yes and no. Yes I have dumped all the prototypes in my possession, and no I haven't given many of them out (except to some people who asked nicely and had a good reason for wanting a particular rom). I've released all the games I had that were previously unreleased (Mind Maze, 5200 Menu, Red vs. Blue, etc.), but have held back on releasing betas of released games.

To be honest, for the most part I don't think that people would be interested in them. I may go ga-ga over a Jungle Hunt proto that's missing the sound and only has two levels, but I doubt many other people would care. And when someone actually does care, they usually e-mail me and I usually give them the rom. So far only two or three people have e-mailed me for specific roms.

I don't put the roms on my webpage for fear of legal trouble (after that whole Planet of the Apes thing, I'm a bit weary of the legal system), and because I don't want people to start slapping beta images on eprom boards and start selling them for profit as genuine prototypes (ala Best Electronics). I guess there's also a bit of "I paid dearly for these protos, I want to hold onto them for a bit" as well, but that's certainly not the main driving factor. These reasons may sound silly or stupid, but that's the reason.

I still may put the roms up in the future. I have to talk to some people about it first. I generally like to get the programmers permission first before posting any rom (when possible of course).

Tempest

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users