IGNORED

raiders

robsterman

Robster,

I believe there is a market. It wouldn't be a huge one...lord knows the guy wouldn't be able to retire from it or anything. But I think that it is a great option to have avail. If I had the dough to do it...yeah I most definitely would buy one. Imagine...a 2600 on the road?! Awesome!! CB_Sig.gif

quote:

Look, I think the ingenuity behind these portables is fantastic. But, is there really a market for this? I mean, is someone really going to pay 200 clams to play the Atari 2600?

I'd buy one! The only problem is you need to carry cartridges around with you, and they tend to get bulky very quickly! Since the 2600 was never intended to be portable, the cartridges are fairly large.

What I'd *love* to see is a portable 2600 that takes CompactFlash cards or something along those lines. Or with a bunch of onboard RAM that you could then dump games into via your computer and a USB port. Now *that* would be truly awesome. I'd be such a beast in a heartbeat.

..Al

• 3 weeks later...

What makes this such a great concept is the fact that there are multi-game carts for sale still.

I know there is a cart for sale that holds 256 games-in-one.

Now this makes the 2600 portable a GREAT idea!!

So, however many people, myself included, who want to create a portable 2600, 5200 or even a 7800 for that matter, I say more power to them. KEEP ATARI ALIVE!!!!!