IGNORED

Does anyone have ALL of the Atari Age Magazines?

Random Terrain

I've been to the few sites on the internet which have scans of some of the stuff from Atari Age magazines, but they all seem to be missing a couple of issues (just like me).

Does anyone have the complete set? If you do, will you scan them in for others to see?

Thanks.

P.S.

If you have any other cool stuff like the complete set of Activision's newsletter called "Activisions" please think about scanning those in too so that we can all see them.

A long time ago a friend made color copies of every issue of AtariAge for me. He was testing new Color Copiers from Kodak (a business they've since gotten out of, I believe). I still have them in a large 3-ring binder somewhere, I'll have to hunt 'em down and see what kind of condition they're in.

If they're in decent shape, I'll start scanning them. It only seems appropriate that a site by the name of "AtariAge" would have scanned copies of "Atari Age" magazine online!

..Al

I hope you guys can find them. That would be cool. I have many of them, but they are well used. I read them over and over again in the early 1980's and even cut some of them up so I could hang the pictures on my walls.

I had no idea I would want them in the future. I also had no idea what Scotch tape does after a few years to the pages. Many of them are discolored and unusable.

Scotch tape and sticky photo albums are evil.

Flatbed Scanner Tips:

Many websites have images that people scanned in. Some look great, but others have that ugly herringbone interference pattern.

After I read some stuff on how to scan in magazine pages, my images improved a lot since I first got my flatbed scanner.

In case anyone cares, here's what I do/use:

First, I read that since magazine pages are so thin, putting black construction paper behind them will stop the other side from showing through on your scans. This works for scanners and copy machines. If your scanner has a black lid, you don't have to worry about this.

My scanner resolution is set to 900 dpi and the descreen is set to magazine (133 lpi). I resize the images using a photo editor and clean them up when necessary. I resize to 650 pixels across for single pages, and 750 pixels across for double pages.

Scanning at 900 dpi and resizing ensures that I won't have any moiré patterns.

I found a good web site with two pages that talk about Moiré Interference. Here's the address if you want to visit:

http://www.scantips.com/basics06.html

Make sure you click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the page to see the second part of the tutorial.

• 15 years later...