IGNORED

White Jaguar Cases - Available?

ElMaloWulfMan®

http://www.imaginsystems.com/

http://www.imaginsystems.com/Graphics/HotR...%20DS-final.pdf

So, did anyone try to contact this dental HotRod Jaguar units manufacturer and swing a deal for cases?

I called them just to get information and the HotRod runs between:

$5,500.00 - $8,000.00

HOWEVER, I was in the inital phases of researching this and didn't think to ask for production department or anything about *just* the cases.

Anyone think it's going to be possible to get stock on white Jaguar cases?

Then getting really anal, can they be gotten, previous to the "HotRod" logo being stamped on them?

I thought I read something about "doctorclu" trying to source these from them but I haven't heard anything since.

If anyone cares to respond I'm all ears.

Ciao,

ElMaloWulfMan®

pcman@inetnebr.com

U.S.A.

Earth

Forgive me for being ignorant on this subject- I've never seen anything about this before! I had no idea the Jaguar case was used for anything else! What's the story behind this? Did the company who made the cases for Atari, also design them for other purposes? Or did this dental equipment company borrow the design from Atari? What's this all about?

Greetings ATARI FREAKS,

Well, tiring of seeing no one do anything real with this idea I went to the source and things are looking very positive indeed as far as making NEW ATARI Jaguars in white.

What I have received so far from IMAGIN:

----------

lMAGlN SYSTEMS CORP.

YOUR LEADER IN SERVICES FOR DENTAL CAMERAS

815 Cherry Lane, San Carlos, California 94070

To: Inquiring Atari Owners

Date: 2-12-04

Subject: Atari Jaguar

Dear Atari Jaguar Owners,

Imagin Systems Corporation is a California company doing business in the dental and medical fields. We provide imaging equipment and the services that keep these imaging systems running. Years ago the founder here, purchased your Atari Jaguar’s molds and has now modified them to adapt to our new product called the “HotRod” Dental Imager. I hope you will approve of its new extended life! There are no internal parts that were used from your Jaguar game system so the only thing that is closely the same would be the shell, in which we have molded them in a white color.

Some of you have inquired about purchasing some of the plastic parts from us to help restore your systems and or to just add some differences to them. Imagin will try and help you with this task and will be setting up some kind of arrangements so that we can provide you with the parts that would still work for you needs. Please be patient and I will keep you informed.

Thank You,

Steve Mortensen

President and CEO

IMAGIN SYSTEMS CORP.

----------

*I am currently waiting to hear back from them regarding making ATARI Jaguar CD ROM(s) in white but I'm not holding my breath. I doubt they have that mold but I am trying to locate it. I haven't yet looked at what would be required to do this or if it even can be done.

*Feedback appreciated!

Additionally, what do you all think of the "HotRod" logo?

Add that to the case for novelty factor or leave it off?

My initial reaction is: do NOT include that logo.

Ciao,

ElMaloWulfMan®

pcman@inetnebr.com

U.S.A.

Earth

post-4802-1078186872_thumb.jpg

Greetings ATARI FREAKS,

Re: ATARI Jaguar White Case(s)

I would recommend NOT e-mailing / calling / otherwise harassing:

Imagin Systems Corporation

They are already in the process of determining distributors for this and you are just going to piss them off.

It's a done deal!

The cases are coming.

Now it's just a matter of hammering them out.

Ciao,

ElMaloWulfMan®

pcman@inetnebr.com

U.S.A.

Earth

I'm so there! A white or clear case would just rule so hard, really.

OMG. I wish I had the money...being the sole distributor of those things in a few different colors and having the money to front to make it more than worth their while would be awesome.

Funny that the data memory cartridge looks JUST like a Jaguar game cart, how god damn stupid like some marketing ploy.

Many people say things but I doubt they will sell the mold to people and if so it will not be many and the price tag will be high...

This story is just bizarre !!!

• 3 months later...

that is still a Jaguar inside that case?!

You can clearly see that the cart connectors are still in place. And if this is the same slot they are using for the memory module..then they have to be using jag cart cases for that...and PCBs?!

Also looking at the bottom it looks like they probably have just modified the hardware and wired up some video interface to the bottom. But those connections don't look to be in different places for where they are now?

Wow...too weird. I bet these imagers are modified Jags...they almost have to be....

:?

BEGIN SHAMELESS PLUG

erm, I made my own ;)

http://hobbsc.sdf-us.org/2004/06/white-bjl...ther-stuff.html

and

http://hobbsc.sdf-us.org/2004/06/final-product.html

and

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52595

END SHAMELESS PLUG

:D

I was inspired by the imagin systems white jag. Plus (sneaky shameless plug), I'll have my white bjl modded jag at OKGE this year!

It is really, really weird that a video game console would be recycled like this. Especially the Jaguar. Has this happened with any other video game console?

And looking at the picture, I don't think it's just white. Looks like it's silver and white.

Whether or not I'd want to get a shell would be function of price.