IGNORED

Atlantis II

Well, in the past I've never passed up a Space Chase cart in hope of finding a "signed" version. I guess I'll have to buy every copy of Atlantis I see from now on, too.

Unfortunately, the chances of stumbling on either one of these ranges from slim to none.

I'll let you know if I find anything interesting in my trade bin at home. I probably have 5 or 6 copies fo Atlantis patiently waiting for me.

Alex- Thanks for all the great content lately! This is some spectacular news! Interesting stuff.

So, after seeing the Atlantis II feature, did anyone have any luck with their Atlantis dupes? That's one more title with which to play 'cartridge lottery' at the flea market (along with label-less games and Space Chase). I suppose they might have even used 'day scene' labels as well.

Nope! No luck! I tried all three of my Atlantis carts and even tried my Spacechase cart just for fun.

Did anyone else notice that the font for the score is different from the regular version?

Who's the lucky guy who owns Atlantis II? How many are suppose to be out there?

Tempest

I mentioned the font in the feature, and actually I just added some detailed images of the scoring difference. You'll probably have to refresh your page to see the graphics. The owner is collector Doug Korekach. I believe he actually got it from an original contestant who still had the game and letters you see.

I checked out all my spare Atlantis carts last night. UNfortunately, among the 7 copies I have, all were the same. Really no suprise there, though

It did help me realize why I never play Atlantis, though. Man, I suck at it! I can't even imagine how I'd do playing a faster, lower scoring version. It'd be pathetic.

Well, at least it was fun trying them out. I'll still pick up extra copies of Atlantis when I see them at thrifts and flea markets "just in case."