IGNORED

NES Top Loader A/V Mod

Dones

Today I finally got around to do some surgery on my new model NES. After reading about the NES2 AV mod on gamesx.com being mentioned in a few forums I decided to try it myself.

So did it work? Well yes and no. It didn't remove the lines nor did it diminish them but the quality of the colors and the audio improved considerably. The only advantage I see from this mod is that it allows you to hook up your top loader to RCA AV inputs.

I captured a few pictures of "before and after" for comparison. Here you go:

post-3776-1077407603_thumb.jpg

post-3776-1077407604_thumb.jpg

post-3776-1077407605_thumb.jpg

post-3776-1077407606_thumb.jpg

Yeah, like someone said, the captures doesn't show the change well. That is why I took them at 640 by 480 and left them at that. In an actual TV the change is noticeable, but it does not remove the line interference. The mod isn't a complete failure however. Now I am going to be able to use the top loader with the TV's A/V inputes.

At least if in the future someone searches the forums on this topic, he/she will find some info.

Yeah, that matches what I've seen. The AV mod removes any wavy RF interference, but not the vertical  

line issue. I do have an idea to try sometime, and I'll post it if it fixes the problem.

I had this same problem with my Super 8 adapter for my SNES. The NES games would have the vertical lines. They got worse, when I removed the ground line (or something of the sort.. I can't recall) to make it compatible with the Super Gameboy.

John, I hope you can figure it out. It was so anoying to me, that I got rid of my Super 8.

-Lee