IGNORED

Latest Prototype Acquisition

Tempest

I got a hold of my latest prototype acquistion yesterday, a NTSC prototype of Motorodeo.

http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/motoproto.jpg

The proto seems the same as the final version, but I'm having trouble comparing the two because I really suck at this game. Does anyone else think this game is really hard?

Are there any other 2600 games that do two player split screen action? I know Xenophobe has a split screen but it's still only one player at a time (they must have run out of memory to do two players at once).

Tempest

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

As far as I know, Yes but in very limited quantities (like Ikari Warriors). I've never seen one, but I've heard reports from others who have (can anyone verify this?).

It's a neat little game, but very hard. It's almost too advanced for the 2600 to handle.

In case your wondering, that top label is a replacement one that B&C put on after the original fell off, but the bottom one is real. The empty socket on the bottom is where the SARA Ram chip would have gone if the game needed the extra memory (I can't believe it didn't). I know for sure that Save Mary, Klax, and Crack'ed all used it.

Tempest