IGNORED

Which 'new' Lynx game would sell best?

Clock

I would have loved to have seen Cabal, and 720 degrees. If I could port a game from another platform it would be Spy vs Spy 1, 2, and 3 from C64. Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands would also be cool, oh and Wonder Boy, New Zealand Story, Outrun =). How I wish sega didnt have a gamegear, they would have allowed licence of their games to Atari...

• Like 1

Clock, most US people don't know the Spectrum UK only games, as they were not distributed over there. And Spectrum games weren't very good anyway and never came on fdds which was a mistake for starters.

Manic Miner is actually a Miner 2049er rip-off according to Mathew Smith, so yes a good game on Lynx would be Miner 2049er

Edited by high voltage

if us lynx programmers somehow could combine powers... its really more of a time issue than a technical issue I think. Got plenty of ideas to program but no time to do it all... next to an rpg I really would like to see a strategy game like advance wars and a corridor shooter. Both very doable given a load of spare time :)

• Like 1

if us lynx programmers somehow could combine powers... its really more of a time issue than a technical issue I think. Got plenty of ideas to program but no time to do it all... next to an rpg I really would like to see a strategy game like advance wars and a corridor shooter. Both very doable given a load of spare time :)

I have been thinking the same thing: if we could get some programmers that are willing to undertake game development together, it would be so powerful and educational. I really believe there is much to share. Anyway Ninjabba, I am in for it. I have some plans for games as well, so why not discuss that.
  • Like 1

I agree! The one thing that has put me off is the graphics and sound... Normally I can just use wav files, ogg and mp3s for sound... With the Lynx I am not sure where to begin creating audio resources.

I dont have masses of time available either and am up to my eyes in iphone dev when I do have a few spare hours.

• 1 month later...

I always wondered, how is a game like Vindicators completely lost, but there are screenshots of the Lynx version on AA's bio page of the game? The screen caps aren't snapshots from an old magazine either, they are clearly captured from a pc.

Edited by Nuclear Pacman

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=9ROpfKTeBcg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9ROpfKTeBcg

Well maybe not completely lost, perhaps just unfinished. Maybe a more complete version will pop up yet ;)

Yeah, I would mind the ROM image for that demo but doesnt seem to be around. Looks like there are only a couple of carts around for the demo.

Well, at least the Golden and red Lynx units are genuine.

The golden one was a price in a contest from Atari UK according to Rygar, and came with a golden card of California Games.

The red one is more famous, it is a Marlboro branded Lynx made for a Marlboro TV show. They also made that Marlboro bike game for that.

I don't find any info on the other variants, but seeing as the screen area is black they may be paintjobs

• Like 1

The thing with rygar getting stuff from the Atari Germany clearance is so typical. Nobody cared back then, nowadays I wonder why nobody guessed the stuff might be valuable someday. Granted, I would not have expected the really fancy things to be in a German branch anyway, but it was worth checking it seems.

I think the Jaguar II boards were aquired like that too. Someone even got Sam Tramiel's desk I recall! :P

When Commodore closed in Germany people bought units of the C65 computer; not C64, but 65! It was an unreleased (and unannounced I believe) homecomputer from Commodore, and just went for a few bucks at the clearance.