IGNORED

What wrong with these systems?

sly

I have an Atari and an Intellivision that are doing similar things. On the Atari 2600 the graphics are coming through scrambled on a portion of sprites and scores. For example the Atari Space Invader Aliens are inorganized and partially on top of each other. Does anyone know what could be wrong and a way to fix it?

With the Intellivision system Donkey Kong's Mario is a scrambled square and the Barrels look like dead birds.

I want to know if anything can be done. I've tried cleaning the cartridge area inside and it has no effect.

Intellivision donkey kong was such a poor port, that's probably what the graphics are supposed to look like :-).

Actually, if both systems are having the same problem, perhaps you have a power issue with the recepticle you are using. I can't imagine that the power would make much difference on Atari's 9VDC ouput but you never know, you might try a different recepticle.

It's not the whole screen right?? Just certain sprites on the screen?

I don't know.