IGNORED

Coke wins...hehehe

-^CrossBow^-

Ever think that although Coke hacked the Space Invaders game for the VCS and gave it out to their employees that technically, you can't win at space invaders because there is no ending to it eventually you will lose.

Hence, Pepsi would inevitably always win.

Ironic don't you think?

CB_Sig.gif

Yeah I thought it was pretty odd too. Did they think that their employees couldn't win at space invaders?

I actually owned a Coke Wins cart, but I traded it for a crap load of stuff (SQ: Waterworld, boxed Masterplay interface, boxed metorites, Maurauder, a whole box of other assorted stuff). Of course this as before we found out that there were only 150 made. At the time we thought there were something like 3,000.

Funny thing is, I don't miss it at all!

Tempest

What really sucks is that Coke employees get promotional stuff like this all the time and to them its like, "Oh great more crap." My friend's Dad was a Coke Executive and she was trying to get a Coke Wins for me. But her Dad had the same attitude and pitched it. Damn.

What I never understood was if the name of the game is Pepsi Invaders, why did it say Coke Wins! at the top of the screen?

The whole game was odd. I was sure I could uncover some kind of hidden secret to it. I gave up because it was so stupid! I did manage to clear 5 boards before the time limit ran out though. If it was just a little longer you could have a tourney.

Tempest

Wow...

I never expected to be flamed on this?!

I have only played a little of the game and figured it was just like Space Invaders only with Pepsi letters and the pepsi logo as the mothership...

Basically I figured it was just like space invaders where the letter would eventually land...but I guess they don't.

My mistake...

No apologies needed...if anything plz forgive my temporary lapse of sounding like Robsterman there for sec...

I shall try and not assume in the future on games in which I haven't played more in depth..

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe I used to own it as well. In fact I traded it to Tempest for a bunch a rare ColecoVision stuff. I guess I wish I still had it, althought the 2600 isnt really my thing. I wanted to trade it for any ColecoVision prototype I could find but I ended up settling on the rare games instead. Here how I got my copy.. I was taking to one of my friends about video games and he told me and recently found his old atari in his basement and started playing it. He said something abou this weird game that had no label. So I said bring to school and I looked at it on the bus. So I took it home and played it. It said Coke Wins on the screen and I plaed it. I was like ' What the hell is this thing? This has got to be the weirdest Atari game I ever played!' Next I pulled out my DP guide and looked it up, no where to be found. Then I looked in the one-of-a-kind section and there it was. I was like ' Holy Shit!' LOL now that was like pure luck, that was a one in a million find for sure. So the next day, I gave him 5 bucks for it! LOL Oh well, but now he knows it was worth alot. I didnt know there were 125 made either, it thought it was like a 1000 or so.. = )

If you ever find another one, I've got that Porky's prototype sitting right here for you.

BTW, it may have been 1 of 125 but I think you stil got a good deal. Is it better to have one really bad UR game or 20+ R and ER good games?

Tempest

Well I will definatly let you know if I get another one. Yeah you are right about the trade part, it was a really good deal no doubt about it but I still originally wanted a proto. BTW, since I can seem to find any UR 2600 games, would you take cash for Porkey? Didnt you buy it for like 112 or something like that I think? I would give you $125 for it I suppose. I dunno, thats up to you. I am still looking around though!

• 1 month later...