IGNORED

What game is in your Atari right now?

Ze_ro

Currently there is "Surround" in my heavy sixer, with "Target Fun" and "Combat" on top of the Atari. This Atari is hooked to my 43" projection set in the basement. My friend and I play those three games for hours. "Donkey Kong" is in my darth vader Atari, which is hooked to a 12" TV at the foot of my bed so I can play in the middle of the night "Space Invaders", "Missle Command" and "Frogger" are on top of the TV.

Ian Primus

ian.primus@usa.net

My NTSC Klax proto is currently in my 2600. I just can't get over how well the 2600 does Klax! But this is a special case since I'm still comparing it to the regular version. Normally I have Crystal Castles in there, I actually like it better than the arcade version!

Tempest

I think that Crystal Castles is under-rated on the 2600....I remember seeing it at Wal-Mart when it was first released and just freaking out because I liked the arcade version and so did a couple of my friends. When I showed up at a friend's house with Crystal Castles 2600, he freaked out. We stayed up all night playing that game.

Actually, the only thing I didn't like abou the arcade version was the trackball. It made it too difficult to get those percise movements that you need on the later levels, that and it makes you move way too fast.

I've been looking for the Atari XE version for a long time since it looks just like the arcade and it plays with a joystick. But until I find it, the 2600 is a good alternative. My current high is level 13 (starting from level 1, not level 9).

Tempest

Since I have a lot of random untested controllers sitting around, I've finally been testing all my systems and controllers out. So in all 3 of my 2600s and both of my 7800s I have Yars' Revenge poking out the top. Sitting next to each system is a copy of Kaboom! for when I test my paddles!!

I have Swordquest Waterworld in mine because when I was a little boy, swordquest Earthworld had just come out and I was very facinated by the story and the prize to be won. I just received waterworld and I am playing it till I win.

7800 One-on-One--best game ever done for that system in my opinion. The gameplay and the animation of the player's dunks is too cool. Had surgery a few years back where I had to lay around at home for a few weeks--must have played 200 games of it and never got tired of it.

Well in my Heavy Sixer I currently have Breakaway IV (Super Breakout). As I was eliminating some Jitter to my paddles and was testing them.

In my 7800 I switch between two games currently...I have Ikari Warriors in there but always have Xenophobe somewhere really close by.

I not play often with my Atari consols. But my last 2 games was:

Vogel Flieh and Der Geheimkurier.

Because I test all games I get, and these 2 games was my last buy.

I never let my games in the Atari.

And now I finally know how to play Der Geheimkurier (aka Mr. Postman).

Matthias

Off Topic (Sort of...)

I never actually leave my carts pushed all the way into the contacts of the console...I just leave then in the opening to more or less block the dust...

I think that is the point some of you are making by stating that you never leave the carts in the consoles.

Most of the time I keep Pitfall or donkey kong in it

however I also keep super breakout and kaboom

near-by it cause they are the only games

my parents will play{although sometimes I

can convince my mom to play warlords!}

I keep space invaders near-by too!

Video Pinball!

It's addicting. Every time I fire up the old

4 switch I start out with Video Pinball.

Kinda like Ed Norton warming up with Swanee

River....lol.

Then I'll usually give Space Invaders a run.

I might even check out my latest flea market

finds.

Then before closing up for the night, a few

quick games of pinball..Ahh..nothing like it.

Sean

beamrider ... since sunday!

before i tested all my brasilian carts to figure out if all these switches work. i realised i collect brasilian carts since a year and i had never played one before last sunday ....

but now beamrider is in ... one of the best games ;-)

Video Pinball is cool...

I still think that gameplay wise...Midnight Magic is tons better..and more realistic. But I still love controlling that ball in Video Pinball and really racking up the score....hehe..