IGNORED

Atari related injuries

Ian Primus

Hahaha...this may not count but it's a good one anyway.

I was WWF wrestling with my litte brother circa 1984 and body slammed him to the floor. Unfortunately, there was a joystick laying out and the stick poked him in the eye. His eye was fine, but it was swollen shut for over a week. My mom was PISSED.

Lance

I mentioned it once before...

But I had to have surgery on my right wrist when I was 11 due to a ganglion cyst. The doctor couldn't figure out what had caused the condition until my Mother informed him I played Atari all day. Then he stated something to the effect like "I see it all the time these days...but usualy on tennis players.."

Hehe..didn't stop me...here I am...

I forgot about this one when I started the topic, but I felt I could include it anyway. I own a Nintendo 64, and when I had some friends over, one of them brought a game called Mario Party. It is a lot of fun, but there is one drawback. Some of the minigames require twirling the joystick around. The best way to do this is to use the palm of your hand. After a long game of Mario Party, not only are all the controllers worn out, but your hand has a callous in the middle. Reminds me of how sore you can get after a long game of Decathalon... Actually, I think games like Mario Party are released by Nintendo for the sole purpose of causing people to wear out their control sticks and have to buy new ones. That could explain why they are up to Mario Party 3...

Ian Primus

ian.primus@usa.net

I remember one time I played Sea Quest all day long I didnt want to stop to eat or anything. Well the next day I went to pop Commando in, same thing. When i was in "the zone" I didnt wanna quit... well that night I got hungry and ate a few pickles. I think all the viniger on a 2 day empty stomach did something, because I remember cramping up so bad.. I vowed never to become a pawn to that Atari again.. and look at me now, its about 3:30AM and ive been playing Spider Fighter most of the day, but I remembered to eat this time

[ 06-10-2001: Message edited by: liquid_sky ]

• 3 weeks later...