IGNORED

OK.... need binaries from the following companies

Klove

All,

Thanks for your recent emails. There's been a stir here about reviving some of the old Activision "2660" stuff.

I had a great conversation with ex-Imagic CEO Bruce Davis last Friday. "Good stuff!" Got the entire Imagic history, Etc.

I now have a new request for ya'

I'm looking for "2600" binaries from the following companies.

Epyx, US Games, CBS Games, Starpath (tapes), Spectravision / Spectravideo, Data Age and Apollo Games.

"These are strictly for review purposes and nothing more." If you can help me out with this request, I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly. "Can you guys think of any other "significant" 2600 publishers out there with BIG catalogs?"

Thanks Gang!

- Ken

Here's a list of all the 2600 games in our Rarity List, sorted alphabetically by company. You can download individual ROMs by clicking on the little Pac-Man icon to the right of each title.

2600 Rarity List, sorted by Company

From this list, you can easily see which companies produced large libraries of games. Just from looking at it, the larger libraries came from:

- 20th Century Fox

- Activision (duh)

- Apollo

- Atari (double duh)

- CBS Games

- Coleco

- Data Age

- Imagic

- M Network/INTV

- Parker Brothers

- Sega

- Spectravision

- Telesys

- Tigervision

- US Games/Vidtec

- Xonox

If you need anything else, just holler.

..Al

Ken @ Activision:

You said, "Too bad the Tigervision stuff is owned by Hasbro / Infogrames. 'Great stuff there!' "

Yep. Marauder (by Tigervision) is one of my favorite games. It would have been cool if you could have gotten it.

You also said, "Am actually exchanging emails with David Crane and Garry Kicthen as I type this."

If you get a chance, please let them (and any other classic game programmers that you are in contact with) know about my history pages in case they have any missing pieces of the puzzle. Here's a direct link to the history page:

http://www.homestead.com/FiAtari2600Memori...0000_index.html

Thanks.

Heyyy, you went and talked to the ex-CEO of Imagic? So cool. I have a post on here that I posted a ways back, basically asking anyone who knew anything about Imagic if they could fill me in on some detail. I used to send letters back and forth to a one Kathy Boothe. She was very supportive of my desire to be a game designer some day and she said she wished she'd see my name on a package some day. The whole email correspondence started as a result of them being nice enough to let me know I hadn't won the Riddle of the Sphinx contest.

Anyways, I ain't a designer (though a friend and me are in the process of writing an online IF (Interactive Fiction) game, ala Infocom) but I am a programmer and I work in php, sql, etc. So maybe I done her well in some respect.

In a nutshell, I'd be interested in hearing what you know about Imagic, as it was one of my favorite companies, even though it was short lived. They had good games and they were fine folk. How and what are they all doing now? How'd the company start? Whatever ya got, if you have the time to relate. Thankish!

-Z