IGNORED

Blaster 5200 & 8-bit Protos Released

Albert

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the game.  It's not often you come across an unreleased game of this quality.  

Tempest

Let alone one with this much provenance. I haven't had time to play it, but I'm super excited that stuff like this is still being uncovered. If AA would release it on a cart, I'd buy it. Man, Tempest, you must have been soiling yourself when this one fell into your laps. It pays to have THE prototype website- and be as hardworking about it as Mattempest.

ian

I think they hinted at its existence during the making of the GC port and someone jumped at that hint and begged until we got to play it.  

Nope. The prototype rom just appered out of the blue one day. Someone was already in contact with Jarvis about reserrecting the Blaster arcade prototype (and another unreleased game), and he was given the prototypes for the 8-bit version to look at. Since he wasn't an Atari person (he was only interested in the arcade roms) he looked me up and let me release them. I didn't even know that Jarvis had talked about it until someone told me that's how the figured out the mystery game.

Tempest

Oh, I think you're talking about Duncan Brown. He did manage to the get the 30 wave version of Blaster released.

Oh, I think you're talking about Duncan Brown. He did manage to the get the 30 wave version of Blaster released.

Yes I am, but I didn't want 100's people pestering him about this. Please don't start e-mailing him about why Blaster can't be sold for profit. The decision isn't up to him!

Tempest

Yes I am, but I didn't want 100's people pestering him about this. Please don't start e-mailing him about why Blaster can't be sold for profit. The decision isn't up to him!

Tempest

I know that Blaster can't be sold for profit, but if someone wants to sell me one at cost, I would be interested. Maybe I could make it worth someones time other than for a cash profit.

This is a great and challening game!  

I have been hooked on all versions of this game since Philly where I got to play the actual arcade. I only find the 8bit version challenging on level 7 and 8. It is still a lot of fun, but the beginning levels are too easy.

And I still prefer playing the arcade version on Midway Arcade Treasures. I also tried the 30 level arcade rom thru mame and that has the Outer Space level that looks exactly like the 8bit version. It is quite an amazing game.

The rights on this should be worked out one way or another so it can be sold on cartrige. Even though I can still play it on the actual hardware, I would still like a cartrige of this.

I know that Blaster can't be sold for profit, but if someone wants to sell me one at cost, I would be interested

Just so everybody knows, Blaster CAN be put on carts, it just can't be sold for profit. There was a bit of confusion over this. If some kind soul wants to make carts and sell them at cost that's ok as well.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...

GrandViewCoin read the whole topic before you ask questions like this!

If you had of done you would have found out that the answer is a big fat NO

Also bumping old threads without a good purpose is classed as spamming!

(I know it's happened to me!)

Spamming will get you disliked very quickly (Just some freindly advice here!) :)

Spamming will get you disliked very quickly (Just some freindly advice here!) :)

This is coming from the biggest spammer to hit AtariAge in over a year. :roll:

Go easy on him.

He hasn't been here long. :roll:

Well, one thing I wasn't doing was bumping old threads as you say, only thing I'm guilty of is maybe not reading the entire msg.

Well here's for wishful thinking anyhoo!

Daniel

We're all hoping for a general release. This is one of the more exciting discoveries in quite sometime.

Bumping old threads to ask a legitimate question is not considered spamming, Saikyo.

• 4 years later...

I am really enjoying this on my multicart but can someone tell me where I can find the instructions to print online? they arent in the usual place yet i know there was a box and manual made for this game so if anyone can share this manual with me so i can know each objective, I would greatly appreciate it and thanks for sharing it Tempest. Its a fun game, Cheers :)

I am really enjoying this on my multicart but can someone tell me where I can find the instructions to print online? they arent in the usual place yet i know there was a box and manual made for this game so if anyone can share this manual with me so i can know each objective, I would greatly appreciate it and thanks for sharing it Tempest. Its a fun game, Cheers :)

I'll find the instructions in a moment. I made them by using the arcade manual and another AA member did all the DTP/graphics stuff. Plus Atariboy2600 did the original cover graphics from scratch! My point in making them is so that anybody can download them for FREE and print them out for themselves.

Here it is:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...Blaster++manual

Allan

Edited by Allan

I'll find the instructions in a moment. I made them by using the arcade manual and another AA member did all the DTP/graphics stuff. Plus Atariboy2600 did the original cover graphics from scratch! My point in making them is so that anybody can download them for FREE and print them out for themselves.

Here it is:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...Blaster++manual

Allan

Thank You Much Allan. It is most appreciated ;) :)