IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Now you too, can own an SNES with blacklight activated buttcheeks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNES-CONSOLE-SUPER-METROID-EDITION-XTREME-as-Sega-Neo-Geo-RARE-UNIQUE-/331843318755

Not a fan of the art, but I will acknowledge the time/effort it must have taken. I am concerned as to what paint this guy used, though- The wrong stuff would easily make that system overheat.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Mine. GCE Vectrex Mr. Boston cartridge on on eBay.

"Mr. Boston Clean Sweep Vectrex R10 EXTREMELY rare video game Vintage Holy grail"

So it is not a grade level 10. So it is not complete. This sale of a Vectrex Mr. Boston title still has a a rarity level 10 even if it's just the bare cart.

The seller "tcm-alternate" has finally went with an auction-style listing instead of posting it at an astronomically ludicrous price purely for attention and offers.

What that Mr. Boston auction has going for it:

+ GCE Vectrex Mr. Boston cartridge. The cart label has some light spotting. But it's not the worst Mr. Boston cart I have ever seen.

+ It's an an original cart.

+ Labels and stickers are are original and era correct.

+ Case, board, and IC on the board are original and era correct.

+ It appears this time around that the cart will sell.

What that Vectrex Mr. Boston auction is missing:

- No Box
- No Box sticker. (A complete boxed Mr. Boston will have a large black "Mr.Boston" sticker on the outside of the box on the front over the Clean Sweep logo.)
- No Box Insert.
- No Clean Sweep Manual. (The manual was a regular manual for the game. No really meant for display or use. So no Mr. Boston branding.)
- No Mr Boston branded Vectrex Clean Sweep Overlay.
- No Overlay Sleeve.
This particular listing may not close better than the present all time high of $7,200.00 for a Vectrex Mr Boston. But at the current price of $1,100.00 as of 8:00 PM PDT on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 certainly puts some miles on the road to that record. With 27 bids plus 4 Days and 18 hours left to go for this listing it will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end.
A sharp-eyed collector may also want to ask the seller about the Vectrex system shown in the listing. While the system is not a part of the sale, that Vectrex is one of the only 1 or 2 existing Vectrex with the original Glenmore Distilleries label still attached. Glenmore Distillery, now a part of Sazerac Company, was brand owner for Mr. Boston Liquors when the Vectrex game was produced. It would nice pickup as well. I would expect the seller to ask for a premium over the cost of a regular working Vectrex.
Good luck to the eBay seller "tcm-alternate", and to the bidders buyers participating in this listing! (One of them just might be me!)
(pics as linked from the current eBay listing are below)
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Time left:4d 18h

Edited by Vectrexer
  • Like 1

Not Mine. GCE Vectrex Mr. Boston cartridge on on eBay.

"Mr. Boston Clean Sweep Vectrex R10 EXTREMELY rare video game Vintage Holy grail"

So it is not a grade level 10. So it is not complete. This sale of a Vectrex Mr. Boston title still has a a rarity level 10 even if it's just the bare cart.

The seller "tcm-alternate" has finally went with an auction-style listing instead of posting it at an astronomically ludicrous price purely for attention and offers.

What that Mr. Boston auction has going for it:

+ GCE Vectrex Mr. Boston cartridge. The cart label has some light spotting. But it's not the worst Mr. Boston cart I have ever seen.

+ It's an an original cart.

+ Labels and stickers are are original and era correct.

+ Case, board, and IC on the board are original and era correct.

+ It appears this time around that the cart will sell.

What that Vectrex Mr. Boston auction is missing:

- No Box

- No Box sticker. (A complete boxed Mr. Boston will have a large black "Mr.Boston" sticker on the outside of the box on the front over the Clean Sweep logo.)

- No Box Insert.

- No Clean Sweep Manual. (The manual was a regular manual for the game. No really meant for display or use. So no Mr. Boston branding.)

- No Mr Boston branded Vectrex Clean Sweep Overlay.

- No Overlay Sleeve.

This particular listing may not close better than the present all time high of $7,200.00 for a Vectrex Mr Boston. But at the current price of $1,100.00 as of 8:00 PM PDT on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 certainly puts some miles on the road to that record. With 27 bids plus 4 Days and 18 hours left to go for this listing it will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2820404045791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=282040404579&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Boston-Clean-Sweep-Vectrex-R10-EXTREMELY-rare-video-game-Vintage-Holy-grail-/282040404579?

A sharp-eyed collector may also want to ask the seller about the Vectrex system shown in the listing. While the system is not a part of the sale, that Vectrex is one of the only 1 or 2 existing Vectrex with the original Glenmore Distilleries label still attached. Glenmore Distillery, now a part of Sazerac Company, was brand owner for Mr. Boston Liquors when the Vectrex game was produced. It would nice pickup as well. I would expect the seller to ask for a premium over the cost of a regular working Vectrex.

Good luck to the eBay seller "tcm-alternate", and to the bidders buyers participating in this listing! (One of them just might be me!)

(pics as linked from the current eBay listing are below)

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Time left:[/size]4d 18h[/size]

Hmmm... I wonder why that seller sounds so familiar?

Someone needs POKEY chips. Wasn't me, I wouldn't pay 9 bucks a pop, not even for chips that are already removed.

That videogame wholesale comes up with all kinds of Atari items . I am really curious where they are getting it all from .

They bought out the complete inventory of Telegames UK a number of years ago. My recollection is that they assumed or they were told that it was mostly NTSC only to discover that much of it was PAL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game lot that sold had some interesting games,

Robin Hood, Sir Lancelot, and Tomarc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATARI-2600-VIDEO-GAMES-R-Z-30-USED-CARTIRIDGE-HOLDER-INCLUDED-/191885052911

I gotta think those mentioned appear to be copies based on the atari style cart they look to be using. Maybe Spacemaster X7 as well. The others look legit but I'd be a bit worried based on the look of the Xonox titles.

• 3 weeks later...

That is high.

But it only takes 2 people who want it bad enough and don't want to wait for the next 1 to go up.

It is the 3rd most uncommon of the 10 standard usa games. But usually only the top 2 come close to or break $100

That is high.

But it only takes 2 people who want it bad enough and don't want to wait for the next 1 to go up.

It is the 3rd most uncommon of the 10 standard usa games. But usually only the top 2 come close to or break $100

Agreed. That's the thing anymore. In the past I've for the most part been very thrifty when trying get to get the rare stuff and holding off with the hopes of scoring one at a (what I think is reasonable) price. As of the last several months I guess I've just come to the realization that for certain things, if you see it and don't go for it it may be a Loooooooooong time before you see another. It's forced me to overpay for some things recently, but they are still well within reason. Not crazy about that, but at this point in my collections, the tough stuff is all that's left. Not sure I've ever seen an RCA Bingo up for sale. Would love to get a look at that,

Yeah when you are only down to rare stuff it's a choice between wait or pay.

A tough call sometimes.

Yeah I have never seen a usa bingo come up. The only known copy was seen at a CGE many years ago by a couple members here. Sadly nobody got pics and no other has ever showed up. At this point the consensus is that it was a dealer demo version and that the game never saw a usa release. I would just be happy to see pics of it, would be neat to do a repro with original art/specs.

I do have a couple cib bingo releases for the clone systems. But they did not include the special parts it was supposed to come with here in the usa.