IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Why do you care so much about what they are doing to post it in the interesting auctions section?

It was a nice lot regardless of the buyer. Would you have been happier if it was a status update?

I seen alot of cool items that sold, no one else seems to post sold items here.

I guess everything has to be a big secret?

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 1

Oh wow. Yeah I didn't realize it was a bin either.

Those deals just go to whoever can refresh the most times in a day. :P

Biggest misses I have seen lately were a cib chuck Norris for $25 and a cib up n down for $25.

2 I still need and never come up. That's what can happen when the boxed rares never come up....an uneducated seller puts 1 up as a bin at the price of a loose cart as they have nothing current to compare to!

Edited by stupus

Wow, that was a BIN? Crazy seller.

Yeah, that was BIN

This was a cheap BIN too but seller cancelled it.

Buyer is pissed, look at sellers feedback

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEARS-TELE-GAMES-1977-HEAVY-SIXER-SUNNYVALE-WITH-32-GAMES-HEAVY-SIXER-PADDLES/222817492671

iconNeg_16x16.gif Seller cancelled sale after payment; then requested higher price.

m***n ( 236iconTealStar_25x25.gif)

During past month

• Reply by twilightfashion440 (Feb-20-18 17:16):
    Tried to rob me for a listing mistake of $9.99.Block this one fast!

Edited by roadrunner

Goes to show accidents happen but you really do need to use that review button before putting something live on there. I never start them instantly and use a post it time a bit later in the evening I set stuff up to be certain. I once screwed up but nothing that monumentally off and it was a small loss so I ate it. Knowing how I felt on that I can't quite blame the guy for pulling that stunt, but it was a bit over the top to kick the buyer in the teeth demanding more or forget it. There was no robbery involved, but there was rotten behavior demanding more or lose it.

Am I wrong or isn't this a $45 cart in a $20 box with a 50 cent plastic sleeve and $1 plastic protector box with a $250 price tag?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Home-brew-Atari-5200-Tempest-The-Legend-Returns/142434570693?hash=item2129c311c5:g:JzsAAOSwbiFZWr8o

Tempest for 5200 in custom box in plastic sleeve, which appears to be taped shut, and a plastic protector box. And my estimates include shipping.

This guys really weird. Selling unlabeled mystery carts for $10 a piece.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=somnusfable&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmystery.TRS0&_nkw=mystery&_sacat=0

Actually, these should be in the weird, funny thread. That's what you get for posting at midnight on a Friday after a few.

This guys really weird. Selling unlabeled mystery carts...

You know, I really struggle with all of the BS items on Ebay. Who in their right mind would drop $10 on a cart that they can likely pick-up at a local Vintage Stock (or your local game store name here) for $1.99. It doesn't seem worth the time and effort to take pictures and post an item like this. But then, who am I to say? Maybe someone out there has more money than they know what to do with and really wants an unknown M-Network cart shell.

Related, I REALLY wish there was an option to permanantly ignore an item, even if it is relisted. You know, like those Intellivision items on the staircases that get listed over and over again for years that no one is ever going to buy since you can get the same stuff for a lot less in a dozen other listings. If we could click a box that says "Never see this item again" that would be spectacular. I spend a lot of time reviewing items that I've seen 1000 times before. Does anyone know of an external search engine for Ebay that does this?

Alas, I, too, have several items perpetually listed. This makes me want to go and get those updated/removed etc. so other folks don't have to suffer through looking at them again and again. I'll go do that this weekend. :)

I would be too. Mistake or not a sale should be honored regardless.

They should be, but even outside of eBay, sites will cancel orders made at ridiculous obviously-mistake prices.

It's my auction here, but I think this CIB 32x is interesting: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2534714496161?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=253471449616&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by derFunkenstein

• 2 weeks later...

I would be too. Mistake or not a sale should be honored regardless.

I lost quite a bit on a couple 130XE/65XE auctions I listed last year, but I honored the winning bids, because as ebay states, the seller is responsible for all information in the listings. Too bad they do not practice this and force sellers to honor those prices. It's all good. I've also won several auctions because of this and the winning bids were honored, so it pretty much evens itself out for me.

I lost quite a bit on a couple 130XE/65XE auctions I listed last year, but I honored the winning bids, because as ebay states, the seller is responsible for all information in the listings. Too bad they do not practice this and force sellers to honor those prices. It's all good. I've also won several auctions because of this and the winning bids were honored, so it pretty much evens itself out for me.

I haven't sold on eBay in many years but I too have lost money at times honoring mistakes I've made. It happens. If you're an upfront seller you learn from that and honor your commitment.