IGNORED

High Score Club Week 1: Circus Atari!

Ze_ro

Well, what a great little game! I've had this in my collection for a year or so but never gave it a decent chance until now.

I'm playing the Zellers Cart because I don't have the Atari Version yet, although I won it on Ebay last week so I'll have it soon. The Zellers version actually uses the joystick instead of the paddles.

I've been 'training' for the last couple of hours and by best score so far is 2625. My best ever run on the first life is 1132. This game is INTENSE. You can't look away for a second!

Can't wait for tomorrow to get some more practice in. I'm not gonna post the screenshot yet, hoping to beat 2625 by Sunday!

Jerry

With a little practice, it's not too hard to roll Circus Atari on game 1 and play for a long time.

Well, if you can do this, you'll certainly grab 1st place! Does the game add a 5th digit once you reach 10000, or does it just drop back to zero? Those TwinGalaxies scores are supposedly on Game 1 Difficulty B.

In case any of you DO manage to roll the score past 10000, make sure to keep track of that last digit yourself I guess... if you can do this though, then you might want to talk to the guys over at TwinGalaxies.

--Zero

A few of you knew this was coming.

I was actually going to post a "9" earlier, but knew BP would be here soon enough. :D

I am trying my best, but my highest so far is a little over 2000 :( Hopefully I can get a respectable score before the end of the week.

A few of you knew this was coming.

9? Do I have that right? :ponder:

Incidentally, since you get a single point every time a character bounces, the absolute minimum score you can get on a complete game is 5 points, even if you miss the guy on the first jump every time.

So like, how often do the scores get updated?

Every half-past-whenever-I-get-around-to-it :P That generally turns out to be 3-4 times a day, depending on the day.

Yowza, here I was all happy that I managed to up my score to 3687 (4K is eluding my grasp at the moment), and jedijeff uses the force to more than double my score! Oh well, time to take up the paddle and attempt to defend my honor...

--Zero

I'll just take your word for it, like all the other scores... don't bother with any videos or anything unless you plan on submitting them to TwinGalaxies.

Of course, if you suddenly go from scoring 2750 or so to scoring 11000 or so, then I'll get suspicious. :roll:

--Zero