IGNORED

8bit HSC: Berzerk

Goochman

Folks,

The votes are in and Berzerk won by a long shot - So, play difficulty 1 and rack up a score - this will run from M-F, the 12th through the 16th. We dont require any authentication but a screenshot would be nice to post here

I will keep an updated scoresheet in this msg.

Good luck!

Attached is a ROM you can use in an emulator.

Scores for This Game

berzerk.zip

bjk - if your score was prior to last week then please post another score - the idea here is to play again :)

It was from about 5 minutes before I posted it. I seen this thread and started playing ;)

EDIT- I am still playing and here is a better one for you (taken 2 minutes ago)

post-3803-1081734383_thumb.jpg

Been playing too much on the 2600 side with Bezerk: Voice Enhanced  :)

Yup! I think that it's the Robot's diagonal shots that are throwing me off.

At least, that's the story that I'm sticking with! :ponder:

Cool... time to crank out the emulator. :D

Who knows maybe I'll get unlazy and take out the XEG and hook it up. But the space in front of my tv is a little crowded right now.

Good idea to include the image with the contest. I've noticed sometimes there are weird variations out there.

I only got up to 4900 tonight, I'll have to get my camera back from my neighbor for proof tomorrow :)

And that 4900 was pretty lucky, I think I was in the low 4k's when I died but then all the dumb bots ran into each other postmortem making my score go up. Berzerk is classic.

OK, I decided to give it a shot on a real XL system using a real CX40. 4340 this time around (sorry no digital camera for a screen shot). Better but still nowhere near the league that the rest of y’all are playing in.

I’ll keep practicing!

OK, I decided to give it a shot on a real XL system using a real CX40.  4340 this time around (sorry no digital camera for a screen shot).  Better but still nowhere near the league that the rest of y’all are playing in.  

I’ll keep practicing!

I also got a 7k score using the new USBStella adaptor, a cx40, and Atari800WinPlus, you haven't picked an adaptor up yet? Works great in Z26, 8bit, and STeem for all the games I've thrown at it.

It gets pretty tough around 8000, the enemy shots are alot faster and luck plays a bigger factor.

I managed to surpass 10,000 again today, but did not beat last nights score.

Still working.

I'd send a pick but I'm too lazy to move my xbox downstairs where I can hook up a network cable.

It gets pretty tough around 8000, the enemy shots are alot faster and luck plays a bigger factor.

I managed to surpass 10,000 again today, but did not beat last nights score.

Still working.

I'd send a pick but I'm too lazy to move my xbox downstairs where I can hook up a network cable.

Just give me your final score for now ;)

you haven't picked an adaptor up yet?

It's still on my wish list. I was meaning to go home with one at the PC but I ended up overspending on a few other things (like a Colecovision to play the "Space Invaders Collection" and two of Sunmark's multi-carts) and funds ran dry. Soon, though. Very soon.

Just give me your final score for now ;)

I tried again last night to beat it, not even close.

I think it all really comes down to luck. If the robots are in just the right position it is next to impossible to get pass them quickly enough and avoid being shot diagonally. The just shoot to quickly.