IGNORED

VCS Programming

Nateo

Oh, and another thing for you programmers out there, I think someone should redo the 2600 version of Donkey Kong. I mean, the Coleco version is great and all, but it just needs an extra level, background music, and slightly better graphics.

quote:

Originally posted by Nateo:

MAN? How do you programmers make 2600 games? I wanna learn how to program, but the only computer language I know is BASIC! Is there a site on the Internet where I can figure out how to program in 2600 Assembly Language?

I want to figure this stuff out.

Go to Nick's site. He has a lot of Atari2600 programming information there. I'm sorry to say you can not program the 2600 using BASIC you will have to use 6502 assembley language. Also look at The Stella Big List and subscribe to the mailing list. This is where a lot of 2600 programmers hang out and share information.

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Hey Dan, did you get my new code? I still can't figure out why I'm getting that graphics glitch with the vert. move.

Tempest

I assume you mean me

I've run the ROM in the emulator and see what you mean. I have not looked at the code just yet. I'll try to get to it today.

MAN? How do you programmers make 2600 games? I wanna learn how to program, but the only computer language I know is BASIC! Is there a site on the Internet where I can figure out how to program in 2600 Assembly Language?

I want to figure this stuff out.