IGNORED

HSC Round 2

Goochman

Folks,

Ive split to contest into 2 areas - Gems and Classics - Please vote for one of each

Gems:

Mr. Do! (2nd most votes last week) (3)

Drol (6)

Drelbs

Drop Zone (1)

Necromancer

Common Classic:

Pole Position

Donkey Kong (1)

Jumpman Jr. (2)

Gorf (4)

Pac Man

Yeah I was thinking about the cart issue, but I think the wide majority of folks playing 8bit games these days use a sio2pc cable or an emulator. And I think some of the fun is discovering new to you games not just how good you are at a common game. But it's all open to discussion.

My hope here is to open folks up to some less common games that were great to play - I see your point Tempest about folks not having some of these but I was hoping the SIO2PC crowd would participate!

I will add Jumpman Jr. to the list.

Folks,

It seems we have quite a bit of interest in dusting off the old relics - If someone would want to run another contest the same week - no problem. Maybe I could run a 'gems you never played' one and have another one focused on some of the cart classics?

Ok,

Read the first post again - Ive created 2 categories so hopefully more folks will play one or both ;)

Ill just keep both sets of scores in 1 thread since so far we dont have that much activity. The voting list is final for next week.

Gorf is one of those games that should only be played in the arcade.  Complete with Galaxians and voice synthesis.  

I can't disagree with you there, my friend. As I found out at PC5, it's the only arcade game that I'm actually still any good at. :roll:

What the heck was up with the Galaxian round being missing from ALL home versions, BTW?

What the heck was up with the Galaxian round being missing from ALL home versions, BTW?

Licensing rights. Atari owned the right to Galaxian on the home consoles, and therefore the Galaxian stage was removed from all home versions.

Tempest

DK... Da Da Da Donkey kong..

Just kidding...

I can live with Drol and Gorf. Both worthy titles although it has been ages.

I thought about voting for necromancer cause I love that game.

Consider adding Picnic Paranoia! A game worthy of high score contests.

My vote is for ... Gorf. 8)

Uh oh. I foresee some heavy competition in the next week. Wonder if my skills will still be up to the challenge? :wink:

I actually chose that one because it is the one I play the least. I could probly do very well at DK or Pole position, but I want to give one of my lesser played cartriges a chance. ;)

Edit- I am sitting here playing Gyruss right now, that one should be on here sometime.

Would it be possible to add Blaster to the next list?

Sure - the good news is that we are going to pick 2 games a week - the bad news is there are soooo many good games on the 8bit series it will take awhile to get to them all :)

BTW,

My initial reaction to Blaster was a neat game but not overly difficult? I want to play games that dont take 30min+ to achieve a top 3 score :)