IGNORED

Making a scan of a cartridge

abalder

Probably quite a stupid question. I just want to make sure I donnot damage one of my cartridges (the EPROM or something inside it). Is it possible to scan the cartridge with a HP Scanner ? I mean without putting something between the cartridge and the scanner ?

Thanks for answering.

Regards,

Ardie

Yes this is a stupid question. Never post here again....

Just kidding. I just put my carts directly on the scanner and scan them (no harm if they're regular carts). If your worried about damaging an eprom (if you have a prototype for instance) put a piece of paper over the windows. I don't think a scanner could hurt the EPROM but you never know.

Tempest

Hoi Ardie,

Geen enkel probleem, gewoon scannen die cassettes! De uitgebrachte spellen hebben een ROM, geen EPROM. En zelfs prototypes die wel EPROMs hebben, beschadigen niet bij het scannen. Daar is behoorlijk krachtig UV licht voor nodig.

====================================

Not a problem! Released carts have no EPROMs inside, and even prototypes that do have EPROMs will not be harmed by your scanner. It takes some strong UV light to erase an EPROM.

Cheers,

Marco

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Marco ]

Just make sure you don't leave your exposed EPROMs on a window sill or the dash of your car. I learned that one the hard way while working a service call on a printer 4 years ago...heheh..

Never Again...I tell you.