IGNORED

Burning Xbox Games

Rocko

Ok, so I dont want to mod my Xbox (actually, I am too afraid) and was wondering if you can burn gamesfor it. I am not talking about Pirating, I want to burn a SNES a NES a NEO GEO and a MAME emulator with roms (Not all on one disc) can this be done, can someone help me out?

get an Xecuter 2 Lite or Xecuter 2 Pro chip. If you don't want to put a chip in there are audio and font exploits you can use. Go to xbox-scene.com and read up in the exploits sections of the forums.

Which one is better? And what is a font/audio exploit?

get an Xecuter 2 Lite or Xecuter 2 Pro chip. If you don't want to put a chip in there are audio and font exploits you can use. Go to xbox-scene.com and read up in the exploits sections of the forums.

And what is a font/audio exploit?

He tells you where to read about that in the post you just quoted. :ponder:

Font exploit takes advantage of a bug in the loading of fonts (by the xbox dash) that allows it to run unsigned code. It runs on system boot (with no disc inserted). More on this later.

The audio exploit does the same, though you activate it by going into the music copy menu (when an audio disc is inserted).

But you need a way to get them to your machine. Either via hot-swapping the hard drive or copying a save game exploit over to a memory card (think gameshark) or someone who has a modded xbox can copy it.

A save game exploits runs unsigned code by loading modified saved games for mech assault, 007 agent under fire, or splinter cell. It then loads either the font or audio exploit. You need originals of the above mentioned games to do it.

The disadvantage of the font exploit is if you leave your xbox unplugged too long it can get stuck in a reboot cycle (trying to load the clock setter) and you may not be able to get it to boot.

The audio is safer but requires a few gamepad button presses to get too (and an audio CD).

Keep in mind some xbox's have problems with these exploits. The 5530 and another one (I forget which). I have a 5530 and it does not like the font exploits, only audio. Plus I have to "sign" all my emulators as audio in order to run them. Other than that it's no big deal.

Also there are like three different drives available for the Xbox so you might wanna check for that. You have

Thomsons - cant read CD-R (only CD-R/W), picky with DVD-R and especially DVD-R/W. Also prone to failures.

Phillips - the older phillips is less fickle about media, but still cannot read CD-R. The new one can read CD-R.

Samsung? - I think pretty much can read anything.

Also the xbox uses a weird CD format so you need a program that can create XISO's. Luckily a good portion of the emulators (all by nport) have ISO 9660 and UDF capabilities (except for the PSX emu), so you can burn regular CD's. I think you would only need XISO for SNES, N64, Amiga, and MAME.

It's not that hard, just an extra step.

Your best bet would be to do some reading of the forums at xbox-scene. Just make sure any topics you read are no older than 3 months (check date of originating post). Anything older than that is probably inacurrate.

Finally if using the font/audio exploit it is usually not a good idea to run xbox-live. For me it's no big deal cause I dont do online. Believe me, it can be overwhelming and the learning curve is fairly steep. But I've got nothing but maximum enjoyment out of using the xbox emulators!

The only dissapointment so far has been the PSX emulator (very limited) and Atari ST emulator (inconsisten framerates, sometimes runs to fast).

Font exploit takes advantage of a bug in the loading of fonts (by the xbox dash) that allows it to run unsigned code.  It runs on system boot (with no disc inserted).  More on this later.

The audio exploit does the same, though you activate it by going into the music copy menu (when an audio disc is inserted).

But you need a way to get them to your machine.  Either via hot-swapping the hard drive or copying a save game exploit over to a memory card (think gameshark) or someone who has a modded xbox can copy it.

A save game exploits runs unsigned code by loading modified saved games for mech assault, 007 agent under fire, or splinter cell.  It then loads either the font or audio exploit.  You need originals of the above mentioned games to do it.

The disadvantage of the font exploit is if you leave your xbox unplugged too long it can get stuck in a reboot cycle (trying to load the clock setter) and you may not be able to get it to boot.

The audio is safer but requires a few gamepad button presses to get too (and an audio CD).

Keep in mind some xbox's have problems with these exploits.  The 5530 and another one (I forget which).  I have a 5530 and it does not like the font exploits, only audio.  Plus I have to "sign" all my emulators as audio in order to run them.  Other than that it's no big deal.

Also there are like three different drives available for the Xbox so you might wanna check for that.  You have

Thomsons - cant read CD-R (only CD-R/W), picky with DVD-R and especially DVD-R/W.  Also prone to failures.

Phillips - the older phillips is less fickle about media, but still cannot read CD-R.  The new one can read CD-R.

Samsung? - I think pretty much can read anything.

Also the xbox uses a weird CD format so you need a program that can create XISO's.  Luckily a good portion of the emulators (all by nport) have ISO 9660 and UDF capabilities (except for the PSX emu), so you can burn regular CD's.  I think you would only need XISO for SNES, N64, Amiga, and MAME.

It's not that hard, just an extra step.

Your best bet would be to do some reading of the forums at xbox-scene.  Just make sure any topics you read are no older than 3 months (check date of originating post).  Anything older than that is probably inacurrate.

Finally if using the font/audio exploit it is usually not a good idea to run xbox-live.  For me it's no big deal cause I dont do online.  Believe me, it can be overwhelming and the learning curve is fairly steep.  But I've got nothing but maximum enjoyment out of using the xbox emulators!

The only dissapointment so far has been the PSX emulator (very limited) and Atari ST emulator (inconsisten framerates, sometimes runs to fast).

The Audio Exploit, can that mess up my system like the font exploit?

Definitly get it modded man - once you get it done, get the xbox link cable and an FTP program - (flashFXP) and you can transfer games and roms and anything else -no need to burn emulators on dvdroms they'll stay nice and snug inside the HD -

id be very upset right now if my xbox stopped working :)

WOW!! Both the exploits seem hard. Modding is scary, I would have a cow if my xbox stopped working!

Lol... it's not as hard as it looks. There are at least three save game exploits that do practically all the work for ya.

If you wanna play it safe you could always run the save game exploit each time you play emu's. It's a longer process each time you wanna play but it does not install anything on your machine.

BTW when you use the exploits you can easily FTP into your xbox and copy over everything you need. But as for the not needing to burn CD's. Sure that is true, but some ROM collections take up alot of space and are better of on CD rather than cluttering up the hard drive.

If I had time I'd compile a CD of all the stuff I like the most, but I usually end up splitting my good renamed stuff into (US) and working.

To answer your question the audio exploit is by far the safer method. Only catch is you cant rip music, but who uses that anyways? Alot of the save game exploits allow you to disable this stuff if you wanna be able to though.

That's the cool thing about it, you can do all this without opening your xbox, and remove it when you need to.

If you already have a router you can plug the xbox into that, if not just get a crossover cable and hook it directly to your pc.

Safest thing to do is backup your eeprom, and hard drive key, and everything on your xbox's "C:" drive to your pc first. That way if you do foobar something you can still access it. You can also still load the save game exploits and copy back over anything needed.

Anyways like I said, it's a steep learning curve, but after a while it becomes second nature. It really helps though if you have someone experienced to walk you thru.

I myself had no help at all and found several descrepencies in the tutorials, but things are alot better now if you stick to the forums and no tutorials older than 3 months.

BTW the link is probably ok. Xbox-scene tends to timeout from time to time, just try it again.

I'd say the hardest thing is. Dealing with the 5530 bios and the other one (I forget the number). Upgrading or downgrading the dash. It's easier to upgrade it. Other than that it aint so bad, if you backup everything properly you can get out of practically any mess.

Modding is scary, I would have a cow if my xbox stopped working!

Why not sell your unmodified one and then buy a Pre-Modified One?

He's got a point. If your uncomforable with that. I myself enjoyed the challenge of fooling with the soft mods, but for those less comfortable that might work.

I love fooling around with things, just I cant really afford to buy another XBOX.

To answer your question the audio exploit is by far the safer method.  Only catch is you cant rip music, but who uses that anyways?  Alot of the save game exploits allow you to disable this stuff if you wanna be able to though.

I have 6 cds on my xbox. I do like to use that feature. I can keep the CDs, right? Or is that entire feature kinda lost? Can I get it back? I dont mind losing those cds if I can play MAME or something. Can you point me toward a forum that helps me?