IGNORED

Alex Al i got a major label variation you dont have

Skatepunk60

Both Missile Command and Video Pinball had labels like this. Each had both upper case and lower case end and main labels, and they were seemingly randomly mixed-and-matched.

To answer your question: I have seen Video Pinball with both upper case end and main labels. Unfortunately I don't know why this was done, but suspect it was just because of a different run of labels in their production scheme. There's probably no real "reason" per say - more than likely it was just an oversight in the art department at the time.

You've got to remember that Video Pinball and Missile Command were some of Atari's first picture label games (actually Video Pinball was the first). Text labels always had lowercase letters and when they went to pictures they decided that uppercase letters looked better. The first couple of runs had the lowercase letters before they went to the uppercase. The mixture of upper and lowercase labels are probably because they had some labels left over and just mixed them up.

I have Missile Commands with all uppercase, all lowercase, lower and upper, and upper and lower. I also have Video Pinball in most of these variations (I think I'm missing one).

It's interesting to note that Atari's last text label game Othello is in all uppercase. I can't explain that one.

Tempest

It's interesting to note that Atari's last text label game Othello is in all uppercase. I can't explain that one.

I actually have a Picture Label Othello cart with a Text end label. Ahhh, I even put it online here..

Picture Othello - Text End Label

Guess they wanted to use up all the text end labels they had.

..Al

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: Albert ]