IGNORED

Hardest games to beat

bcprs1

Although most Atari games do not having endings, I have found the few that do very difficult. What are your favorite and hardest games with a purpose?

Favorite:

1. Secret Quest

2. Solaris

3. Pitfall II

4. Adventure

5. Kung-Fu Masters

Hardest.

1. Solaris

2. Double Dragon (who designed the controls?)

3. Private Eye

I classify hard games in two catagories. One; difficult(fun to play, but hard to beat) and two; tedious(monotnous a not fun). With that in mind.

Fireworld (tedious) I never beat this game and probably won't even try.

Private Eye (difficult) A lot of fun I can barely finish the first case. Haven't even thought about the last one.

Fathom (difficult) Another fun game that I've never beat.

Secret Quest (Difficult) This games really good. But I don't enjoy playing it as much as say Solaris.

The hardest games in my opinion are:

Ghostbusters II (I can`t finish the second

level)

The Swordquest games

Pressure Cooker (the later levels)

Jr. Pac Man (with four ghosts)

Radar Lock

Solaris

Donkey Kong Jr.

Double Dragon and Kung Fu Master are not

so difficult in my opinion.

What do you think?

[ I could never beat Fireworld because there's an error in the on-line solution and I don't feel like solving it on my own. I hate that game...]

Russ Perry's solution is indeed correct, though I think it's impossible to uncover all the clues in a single game, since the difficulty ramps up too high by the time you reach the last few.

The thing I hated about the solution that's out there is around the 6th or 7th clue, you have to give up your protection for one of the action sequences as the single object in order to place the other 4 objects. I forget which one.. I think you had to put the 4 in the "middle" room that has the 8 hidden doorways.

And also, the solution given is impossible without the "warp trick".

Are you sure? I'll have to check again but I'm almost positive that one of the those clues didn't work. The difficulty was really hard but I was able to get though after awhile so that wasn't the problem. Maybe having a certain object in another room made the clue not trigger? It could be a glitch (it's not like there aren't a few in the game already).

This sounds like something we can prove at the CGE. Someone there has to be able to get through it in one game.

Tempest

I'd have to say Impossible Mission for the 7800... Though that's kinda cheating since there's a bug in the game that actually does make it impossible (though I believe there exists some versions without the bug... maybe the PAL versions).

In fact, Impossible Mission for any system was damn hard. I've also been having a hard time getting through Mountain King, as I always screw up on my way back up the mountain... I've gradually been getting farther and farther though, so I assume I'll get it eventually.

I always thought Pitfall 2 was a little too easy... Once you figure out how to get past condors and bats, it's a breeze. I play for points on it now.

--Zero