IGNORED

My complete thoughts on Pong.

Chris++

The article's precisely objective. If you played Pong for the first time in 2004, you wouldn't think it was worth your time.

I diagree, from first hand experience. Running the museum area at every Midwest Gaming Classic as well as at Jagfest 2K1, I've had the fortune to observe kids [ages 4 through 12, as well as teens] being introduced to pong for the first time (via the plethora of home pong consoles I have on display). All had a great time, and got in to playing it.

Either way, "objective" necessarily means the author's attempt at taking a step back, looking at something with detachment and reporting what he sees.

592263[/snapback]

Sees where? Did you go to an arcade that still has a Pong and observe people saying it's not worth their time? Go to a show and see a neglected pong console with people saying it's not worth their time? I saw no mention of what your sources were for the article, other than your personal opinion. What you did (by your own admittance) was take Pong and compare and contrast it as a modern release and write down your thoughts on it from this perspective - "Yeah, I certainly remember what it meant at the time. But that fascination hasn't remained with me, since it was almost immediately overshadowed by what followed. It just blows my mind that people still play Pong today and act like it's fun." Statments like that, and "The thing is, die-hard classic gamers often play this game and act as though they ENJOY it." and "But we shouldn't go so far as to try and convince ourselves that Pong's actually FUN. I mean, that's taking it a bit far, don't you think? " are personal opinions, not facts. Objective = "Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices". Those are not objective statements. Hence, the article reads more like and Editorial Review than an Objective one.

He does not seek to guess what every potential reader might see.

Which means you wrote your personal opinion. If you're not seeking to actually research and see what other people think, it's your opinion and thoughts. Nothing wrong with that, but don't promote it as being objective then.