IGNORED

Asteroids what happened???

kevin242

I found it on langesite.com but it deffinitely isn't the one I remember. So I guess it looks like I remembered wrong. It is the one named "Asteroids -OSB"  

Nope. That's not the one that I was talking about. The one I had was the Atari version but the Asteroids were empty. I've still got it on disk but I can't seem to locate an ATR of it anywhere.

Let us know when/if you find it. :)

What was wrong with Atari 8bit Asteroids? I think it was just on the bland side. It was a conversion without much flavor. It seemed like there were things that could have been changed to give it some zing, for example colorful Asteroids. And they could have tried a higher resolution and provided a more inspiring ship.

Asteroids for the Atari 2600 was a good version, even though it didn't play or look much like the arcade. They got it right, but the 8bit programmers got it wrong.

Maybe there were some good things about the 8bit version though. IIRC you could run four players at once, so that is something.