Photo

New Version of RS Basketball Found

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,124 posts

Posted Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:31 PM

In a recent lot of prototypes I purchased, I discovered a new version of RS Basketball for the 5200! While the differences aren't drastic, the prototype is still interesting since it shows that Atari was still developing the game long after it was thought they abandoned it.

This prototype is dated Dec. 16th (the last known prototype was dated Oct. 31st) and mainly features improvement to the shooting and computer AI. The game is still woefully underwhelming and needs more work. It is unknown if Atari continued development on the game after this date, but it's doubtful.

Sadly programmer Patrick Bass died in a car accident several years ago so we may never know the answer.

Tempest

#2 jnice OFFLINE  

jnice

Moonsweeper

• 354 posts

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:42 AM

I wonder if there are some more phrases built in as well? Can't wait to see the review.

#3 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 27,124 posts

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:04 PM

I wonder if there are some more phrases built in as well? Can't wait to see the review.

Yes I believe there are, or at least the phrases are different. I'll have to dig through the code to see if they added any or just changed them.

Tempest

#4 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 27,124 posts

Posted Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:57 AM

I've gone through the code and discovered that there aren't more sayings, but that some have simply changed. I'll have a complete list soon.

Tempest

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users