IGNORED

HAUNTED ADVENTURE final soon (Adventure + Haunted House)

atwwong

Haunted Adventure is completed, but I couldn't help but be enticed by Nukey's coding for adding a shovel and a grave. In breaks during my study time, I've managed to properly port the HA source to the optimized code. This allowed me to add Nukey's code (with some additional help from the genius himself) and more rooms. :D Here is the cemetary...

cemetary.jpg

I'm thinking that if I can figure out how to remove some small pixel skews because I've crossed page boundaries, I could release this improved (?) version exclusively at the AtariAge store and leave the already finished version for downloading here or in the hack section. (If this works I'll have to let Rhindle know so he can change the manual!) Any thoughts or comments? :ponder:

Re: crossing page boundries

This is actually pretty easy to solve...just moving things around and recompiling. What I do is start at the end of the file, add an ORG tag, and move it upward until Dasm reports that I've got too much data between that tag and the one at the end (it will tell you how many bytes are over). Then just try to move a table that has that number of bytes above the new ORG...scroll up about 256 bytes, and add another one. Keep doing this until all of the data tables reside between ORG $xx00 tags.

Note: you will run over when working with the room matrix (the one that holds the destinations of the directions you move). Fortunately, the routine that reads it is not dependant on critical timing (so you can freely cross pages with that table). Advent's crosses 2 boundries :D But all of the room GFX tables and object GFX tables should not cross pages...since the routines that read those are located in the display kernal itself.