IGNORED

Totally off Topic, Wireless Network Connection.

Joel D. Park

My house is about 3/4 of a Mile from my office, I would like to get my home computer connected to our office network.

I researched Fiber Optic but I'd rather not have to run Cables.

Has anyone ever done this, I know it can be done but I don't know what hardware I need, most stuff I'm finding only has a range or 300 feet or so.

Thanks,

Joel D. Park

Thanks guys. I might just end up running Fiber, I believe it's good for a couple miles.

We did find something on Ebay that was wireless and had a 5 mile range and it was 11 Megabit. Super fast! We're sending the seller some questions to see if we can get more info.

If anyone else knows anything, please let me know.

3/4 mile?? I would imagine that's going to be pretty expensive. I have a Linksys wireless AP Router for my home network, and I love it, but I'm pretty sure it won't reach 3/4 mile. I doubt there are any consumer targeted products that will do this, you'll have to look into high end business equipment. This is just a guess though.

I have a hunch that anything that would possibly have a 3/4 mile range would have really crappy speed performance to equal it out. I can't think of any technology that I have heard of that has this capability, but I am definitely no expert in this arena so I could be way off.

It would be extremely cool, though.