IGNORED

combat2 cart

JagDiesel

Are the people selling these carts (Elevator Action, Combat 2, Secret Agent, etc). going to limit them to one per customer or are we going to have people picking up 10 or 20 to sell off to people who couldn't make the show? I'd hate to see some kind of scalping thing develop.

Tempest

It wouldn't be a problem if a few people picked up an extra cart for a friend, but alot of people see these carts as "really good trade bait" and that could lead to problems. I have no idea how they're going to handle this.

Tempest

Jag, I asked Ron Corcoran (Twin Galaxies' Atari referee) about picking up an extra set of exclusives for me and he seems pretty sure that they'll be 1 per customer.

I can see both sides to this, ya know.. if they let the size of one's wallet count, there'd be 50 scalpers camping out in line to snag 5+ copies each to sell on eBay. 1 per customer's good as it is so it's fair (but only to the people who can actually go).

First of all, let me say I really appreciate what all these people are doing, bringing us new 2600 games or putting rare prototype games in fancy cases, some even in lovely boxes. That's a tremendous effort and we should all be very supportive about it. I know I am.

I would love to get my hands on these games, but I am not able to go to CGE either.

As I understand it, people are upset about not being able to get these games not because they cannot be supportive (let's face it, that cannot be the issue: the makers chose to make limited runs themselves) but because they cannot own these games.

I think there shouldn't be so much to do about this. After all, if you are into this hobby for playing, you will get to play these games, either through a cart from Hozer or through an emulator.

If you are into this hobby for collecting, I would say these games are worthless, collectors' value-wise. They are not part of the great era we all fell in love with, they are artificially created "rarities".

Now, some collectors out there are silly enough to pay big bucks for these limited show releases, I realize that. To me however, Cubicolor was the last of the limited homebrew games that actually has true collectors' value. Nobody has ever said to me that my collection sucks, because I do not have the PhillyClassic version of Crazy Valet. Let's look at it this way, and let's all just get back to regular business

Cheers,

Marco

*** Please note I will be on vacation from Aug 10 - Sep 1 ***

I'll side with Pitfall Harry on this one. I am greatly pained that my plans to attend the CGE fell through, but I would rather be forced to teach 'atari70s' how to use his keyboard than open it up to the eBay pirates.

I will be actively looking for after-market remakes, and lamenting my own loss.

It sucks that these "scalpers" will be some of those fortunate enough to pick up these carts, but I can definitely see the reasoning behind selling only 1 per customer.. If someone is going and wasnt planning to pick one up, lets talk!!! Otherwise, plan on seeing me there next year.... and enjoy Vegas!

hey all .

I see people want to teach me how to use a keyboard. im up all for that im workign on my speed typing and not going so hot. anyway Atari Age should do what the first atari age did be a exclusive place for first out games. there are like 350 members all can get 1 at $xx.xx price. dont need to bne limited to any number but as a member should get frist lick at one. that woudl go for people in the USA and in other foriegn lands. Seems all fair to me.

Marco

Im little bit of Gamer Collector

Gamer cause i enjoy the games and all but also a collector i want one of each game ever made. now this i know wont happen im sure but im not looking at collector value. cause i dont plan on selling out for $$$$$$ i may trade here and there or ask people what this is worth . only cause i dont want to be takin. i dont see this as anythign bad but i dont have a DP guide and in the DP guide there arent values on certain games. thsi is why i ask not to be in it for the money or see what collector $ wise something is worth . but if im gonna pay 100 on a Crazy climber cart and its only worth 75 i want to know that so i a.) see if im being takin and b.) if i do pay it i know i must really want it in my collection

Anyone wants to help me wiht the keyboard be my guest

The atari age member exclusive will cut down on Ebay sellers who hike up prices for profit