IGNORED

Another type of question about the Supercharger

khryssun

The Supercharger runs its own graphical kernel during the loading process. This has to be different in PAL vs. NTSC, so at the very least, the 2K ROM in the Supercharger differentiates the two units.

Whether PAL games will load on an NTSC supercharger on a PAL VCS, I don't know, but the screen will probably roll.

quote:

Originally posted by Glenn Saunders:

Whether PAL games will load on an NTSC supercharger on a PAL VCS, I don't know, but the screen will probably roll.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I tried running a few PAL games through my Supercharger just for the hell of it (Not Starpath games, just regular .bin files), and they all rolled.

--Zero

NTSC and PAL are just video standards! It doesn't make a difference to the Supercharger. And neither do video recorders. You can play PAL or NTSC games into it the only problem is if the code within the game is not timed and/or written correctly to display on your TV. I shoudn't think there exists a PAL or NTSC Supercharger - they should be one and the same :-)

i grabbed the PAL supercharger at ebay

but i also use a ntsc charger.

the thing is, i connect my Atari not directly to the TV. i use my Videorecorder that supports pal & ntsc ... so both modes work with only a few color problems, that's all ....

it's probably the best you can do: use your VCR

or get an adapter. they're not too expensive, and good to have.

i started collecting ntsc games after i realised the few PAL things i miss will be too expensive ...

and also that many titles like crazy climber wouldn't be in my collection if i don't start with ntsc ...

still i realise there's much more european collectors also collecting ntsc than us collectors also having pal stuff .... come on, relax, check if your VCR supports PAL and send me your tradelists