IGNORED

New Games Released at CGE 2001

Smitty

Sorry you weren't able to get a copy of Venture II..

c_Venture2_front.jpg

I was able to get everything you pictured above as well. We'll be posting high-res scans of them on AtariAge now that I have some time to catch up on things after CGE (I immediately flew to Austin to work on a press demo yesterday for Deus Ex so today is the first day I've been able to spend a good amount of time working on AtariAge in over a week..)

..Al

I like the Venture 2 logo ("The Abysmal Abyss" is a good subtitle), and the SCSIcide label with a hard drive on it is interesting, but I half expected the ColecoVision Pac-Man, Joust, and Dig-Dug cartridges to have the Atarisoft-style labels on them! (I could only wonder what their boxes and game manuals would look like, if they even came with such!)

We'll have more details on Venture2 soon, including screenshots. You can buy the regular edition from Hozer now (or very soon). It's very similar to Venture with new monsters, treasure, etc. Tim did a really nice job with the box etc, and I can see why he only made 20 copies.

Here's the breakdown:

Allia Quest: Box, Manual

Combat Two: Box, Manual

Crazy Valet: Manual

Cuttle Cart: Manual

Elevator Action: Box, Manual

SCSISide: Manual (I think), Static bag

Secret Agent: Cart only

Vault Assault: Manual

Dig Dug: Cart only

Pac-Man: Cart only

Joust: Cart only

Ms. Space Fury: Manual

I don't have SCSISide on me, so I don't remember if it came with a manual. I'm pretty sure it did, though.

..Al

Venture II is now being made by Hozer Video Games. Carts are $16 and come with nifty label and instructions. Price also includes shipping.

Randy doesn't have a listing posted yet, but here's the website: http://www.netway.com/~hozervideo/

You'll see screenshots and be reading reviews of the game very soon on very different websites (Including this one right h'yere).

"Snider-man"