IGNORED

Mr. Do!

Mister VCS

I think the Atari 2600 Mr. Do! was okay, though it needed a bit more work since there were only two enemies that could pursue you at a time, and it lacked the bonus prize in the center. The ColecoVision version was better, though its shortcoming was that each screen only had a total of like nine of those badguys that appeared from the center of the screen, not counting the Alphamonsters or munchers. Too bad there wasn't an Atari 5200 or 7800 version.

OK, I will be the first to say, that I HATE MR. (Insert Q*Bert language here) DO! I've had to play it in competition twice, and I remember playing it when it first came out, and absolutely finding nothing fun about the game at all. It's my second least favorite game (right behind Burgertime, which I hate just because I am lousy at it). Thank you.

To Ze_ro: Yeah, I've had a copy of the SNES version of Mr. Do! and played it. Probably the best version of that game for any home system. Kinda weird that, with a special trick, you can select how many lives and which level you want to start your game on. I never did get to try out its 2-player competitive game version with anybody, though.

quote:

Originally posted by scooterb23:

It's my second least favorite game (right behind Burgertime

Wow, Mr. Do! and Burgertime are amung my favorite games!

Good to hear the the SNES version of Mr. Do! is good... unfortunately the store was selling it for $25! Maybe it's rare or something.

--Zero

• 12 years later...

What do you think about Mr. Do?

For me its a very good game, much better than

Dig Dug.

Its more fun than the CV version.

I enjoy Mr. Do! more than Dig Dug. But I think the ColecoVision version (despite people knocking it) is superior to the VCS version. I feel like I'm running for my life in the VCS version whereas the ColecoVision port is more strategic (like the arcade game) in that you have time to squash the bad guys with apples.

One of my favorite games! One the best moments in gaming is when that big diamond comes up and you have to race after it to get the free game.

I'm not sure if the diamond is present in the ColecoVision version or not (I seem to remember that it is). And if it is present, what is the reward for collecting it (since free game wouldn't be a viable option)?

I wish someone would hack the 2600 version of Mr. Do! to make some improvements to it. It can do without that large green bar at the bottom of the screen and instead have all that be the "soil" where Mr. Do! and the monsters can move through. Maybe that'll improve how the tunnels get dug instead of erasing almost all of the "soil" from the screen.

I've always been a fan of Mr. Do!, but the console ports seem very poor compared to the arcade in my opinion.

--Zero

Yeah true, computer game Mr Wiz by Superior Software cassette tape got worn out more than the cartridge contacts on any console version me and friends had in the 80s tbh.