IGNORED

The Evolution of Moon Patrol

Tempest

I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up on what I've been doing lately. As soon as I get more web space (shouldn't be too long now) I plan to put my Evolution of Moon Patrol page. Since I own 5 different Moon Partol prototypes for the 2600, I wanted to see how the game evolved over time (from prototype to prototype). I've found some interesting and some not so interesting differences between the various versions. This may also help me crack that prototype code riddle that I've been trying to figure out.

The versions I have are:

166-06

207-07

If anyone has another version please let me know.

Tempest

Great. Did you ever have these dumped? I'd like to run my own tests on them If not, would you ever consider selling or trading them?

BTW, are you sure that they have no music? I found that they seemed to flip around the difficulty switch setting that affects the music. Some versions A=no music and some versions B=no music, it seems to change back and forth between most of my versions (for no apperent reason).

Oh yeah, I should mention that in version 166-06 they tried to make the car look like the buggy from the arcade game (and failed miserably), but the rest have the normal car. What does it look like in version 164?

Tempest

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]