IGNORED

2600 MULTICART

ROCKINGROLL

Freakin' Ebay! I was bidding on a 2600 multicart, but they yanked the auction because "based on criteria supplied to eBay by the video game industry including Electronic Arts, Sony, Nintendo, and Sega concerning illegal or infringing items, the auction you recently bid on: 1266304842 - ** 256 GAME MULTICART ** FOR THE ATARI 2600 has been terminated." Oh well, it probably would've sold for over $100 anyway. So I went to 4JAYS and ordered one for $95, including shipping. Is that a decent price?

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: ROCKINGROLL ]

Well since 95% of the companies that made 2600 games have gone out of business your almost home free. The only companies I know of that are still in business are Activision, Sega, Konami, Nintendo (if you count the fact that they licensed many games), and Atari if you count Infogrames.

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Well since 95% of the companies that made 2600 games have gone out of business your almost home free. The only companies I know of that are still in business are Activision, Sega, Konami, Nintendo (if you count the fact that they licensed many games), and Atari if you count Infogrames.

Tempest

Here's a list of 2600 companies whose works are probably still under copyright:

• 20th Century Fox

Activision

Atari (Infogrames)

Avalon Hill

CBS

First Star

Intellivision Productions

INTV (Intellivision Productions)

Konami

Mattel (Intellivision Productions)

Milton Bradley

Parker Bros. (Some to Atari/Infogrames some not)

Sega

Spectravision

Sunrise (Telegames)

Telegames

Tigervision (Tiger Electronics)

If any are wrong, sorry. Still, I think it's clear that most games are not in the public domain. Even those games whose companies are out of business probably had their assets legally transferred somewhere. Even if whoever owns them now doesn't even know it.

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: Rhindle The Red ]