IGNORED

Unknown football proto

mos6507

I just sent Glenn the rom to look at, unfortunetly it didn't dump quite right or maybe it's just that the emulator doesn't play it right. I don't want to release it until I get it dumped properly. Besides, It's just an unplayable demo anyway, nothing to get excited about.

Tempest

heh, some of us like that stuff - hell, some of us are even crazy enough to make a website about it

I do look forward to the release of your treaure-trove of protos - although i do hope it takes a bit longer - i've still got like 20 atari 2600 proto dumps that I still gotta write up pages for right now

although I'll be damned if I can figure out how to play Confrontation....

Here is a paraphrase from what Tod said. He was trying to explain to people that he COULD code for the VCS, in lieu of Pac Man. He said he used to write general purpose routines which other people used in their games, one of which being what he called an interlaced kernel for Rob Zdybel's football game (which I think became Realsports Football). "Red guys vs. the blue guys" he called it.

Tod has really been 'burned at the stake' for Pac-Man over the years, which is unfortunate b/c but he did some fantastic work on the 2600 later on. I think Pac-Man was his first actual game, and to even get something like that in 4K is pretty amazing. Xevious was promising, and Ballblazer sounded interesting (from his comments on the Stella tape). Shooting Arcade and Save Mary are very good. He also had a hand in Summer Games and Winter Games.

That's true, the man get's bitched at way too much. Of course after playing SQ: Fireworld, I think I may have a case against him for cruel and unusual punishment.

Truth be told Pac-Man isn't really that bad a game, it's just not a great game. Many of our favorite programmers did a bad game every now and then. It's just that most of Todd's good games never got released, and since Pac-Man was such a popular game it got the most attention.

Tempest