IGNORED

Does the Ikari Warriors cart exist in NTSC?

ajkiii

I have always heard that it was a PAL only cart, released at the last waking hours of the 2600, as a sort of final profit for atari, as the u.s. markets were overpopulated with nintendos, while the european market was closer to their ataris. Thats just what I have heard, but i doubt there is an NTSC Ikari Warriors cart, Its probally just someone selling rhe PAL cart as an NTSC to make a profit.

Atari did indeed release Ikari Warriors in NTSC just before the 2600 was discontinued for the second time. I managed to acquire it, along with Motorodeo, Xenophobe and Sentinel directly from Atari in March of '91 using an order form my boss brought to me from CES. Interestingly, White Water Madness was on that order form as well, and I ordered it, but alas, it never arrived.

Tempest,

Unfortunately, I didn't make a copy of the form before using it, but I do have an Atari product list dated 02/91 that lists the title "Street Fight" as "coming soon". That's the only place I've seen a reference to that title.

Cool! Can you scan that and send it to me? That's the only reference to Street Fight I've ever heard of also, although it is listed in the DP guide in the master 2600 part list.

I wonder what it was going to be like? Was it a Double Dragon type game or some kind of two person Street Fighter game?

I wonder how many of these games exist as some kind of prototype? A year ago I would have said none of them probably exist, but after that Crack'ed proto turned up I don't doubt anything any more.

Tempest